Apple TV App

It would be nice to be able to access Ring app on Apple TV. To have live access to cameras and settings.
Also have the ability to arm disarm the alarm. Be able to control lighting and see notifications from the Apple TV.

129 Likes

Get to it ring

with the option mini screen while watching a show/movie and answer through Apple remote mic

2 Likes

Great idea! Cerssna172. (Obviously a plane owner)

1 Like

This should be a default feature of a Ring camera. Many people who have Apple TV’s want this feature.

We have apps for Iphone, Mac and Ipad but Applewatch and Apple Tv are missing. Apple TVs actually a very simple transfer since it’s basically a customized version of iPadOS/IOS. but all of these requests or obvious features for Apple products seems to have died once Amazon purchased ring. The ring pro doorbell and ring floodlight camera had HomeKit compatibility built-in but the support has faded away. I can only speculate that Amazons purposely not supporting delevopment due to a view as Apple is a competitive platform.

1 Like

I want my…

I want my Apple TV.

Now is the time for Apple TV support considering the device can enable picture-in-picture. If I don’t see an AppleTV app in the next year I’m definitely migrating away from Ring. It’s just silly not to support the AppleTV

1 Like

Support of HomeKit would enable this to happen.

2 Likes

Please Fix this asap spent over 2k on product need this asap Apple tv and apple watch. This is a must

@Cessna172 wrote:
It would be nice to be able to access Ring app on Apple TV. To have live access to cameras and settings.
Also have the ability to arm disarm the alarm. Be able to control lighting and see notifications from the Apple TV.

1 Like

I have this working using homebridge on a Raspberry Pi

@JackL Care to share your setup for using Ring on your Apple TV via homebridge on a Raspberry Pi?

@JackL - Ditto on sharing the HomeBridge setup. I’ve started configuring HomeBridge on a Pi Zero and am working on Ring but it’s been a bumpy ride. Any help you can give would be great!

Hi @DVDon & @SantucciOhio

Sorry forgot to reply!

I have a RPi setup with homebridge (there are loads of good resources out there already for getting the main setup working but shout if you need more help).

Once this is running install https://github.com/oznu/homebridge-config-ui-x#readme as this makes everything much easier.

Then via the plugin above go to plugins and search for “Homebridge Ring”
(To check it is the Verified one I am using https://github.com/dgreif/ring/tree/master/homebridge#homebridge-ring)

Once installed you just need the token but from memory it does most if not all of it for you!

You will be informed when you login to the Homebridge admin screen if you have any plugins that are out of date etc so it is fairly easy to look after.

Feel free to reply if you have any other questions/issues and I will try to help.

Jack

We need this App for the Apple TV ASAP !!

2 Likes

Ring App with live view for notifications on screen or enable HOMEKIT.
Homekit via homebridge is not that stable… motions are detected as ring bell rang
also it captures photos so smart notifications also captures images once someone passes away.

1 Like

Need app for Apple TV and Roku

1. Popup when doorbell rings. While in another app.
  2. popup when alarm is triggered. While in another app
  3. enter app to view cameras: single view, quad view, etc.
2 Likes

We’re on the cusp of going all in on ring. Previous home we had a ring video doorbell pro, and a spotlight cam. Now looking to add a series of elite outdoor stick up cams and a few indoor cams. The lack of a ring app for Apple TV is shocking given the across the board support in other iOS products. Please add an Apple TV app ASAP!!

Can someone from Ring please respond with the roadmap on the apple tv app? This is astonishing why it’s not there, and the lack of support for apple tv make a compelling reason to not go with the Ring suite of products.

1 Like

I agree,Maybe we need to stop supporting Amazon and ditch ring…

1 Like

I am just chiming in here. Google even has Apple TV integration. Maybe Amazon just wants everyone to buy 50 echo show devices?? One is not mutually exclusive of the other. I have Echo Shows in room where I need a screen. Home Office, Kitchen. I do not NEED a second screen in the same room with my large screen 4K TVs and lack of Ring integration won’t make me get at a small screen. Those are rooms for speakers.

Again I ask, why is there no app for the Apple TV??

1 Like