Any Chance to Get our Dashboard View Here? (on the ring.com website)

Ring App has come a long way over the past few years - thanks!

I am wondering if we could get a ‘Dashboard’ view on our Web Login (Browser) maybe tied with our ‘Activity History’ in the RIng account?

I have a large property and 18 Ring cameras, and while the app on the Smartphone is nice, when I am working from home, it would be excellent to be able to bring up the ‘Dashboard’ view in my browser on one of my monitors. No need for a lot of config options there, just the 30 second update rotation so we have general visibility of the camera views, and would know when to dig into the Ring App.

Even a direct browser-view into the Ring App would be great. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, I would love to be able to use the monitor as well as the phone too (again, this has been requested by others as well) I am often near a computer, when my phone isn’t necessarily with me, or even turned off

All sorts of apps, invented for phone use (like WhatsApp or Vipre) can be used on a computer too, surely it wouldn’t be that difficult to make that available for Ring as well?

@GK454 wrote:

Ring App has come a long way over the past few years - thanks!

I am wondering if we could get a ‘Dashboard’ view on our Web Login (Browser) maybe tied with our ‘Activity History’ in the RIng account?

I have a large property and 18 Ring cameras, and while the app on the Smartphone is nice, when I am working from home, it would be excellent to be able to bring up the ‘Dashboard’ view in my browser on one of my monitors. No need for a lot of config options there, just the 30 second update rotation so we have general visibility of the camera views, and would know when to dig into the Ring App.

Even a direct browser-view into the Ring App would be great. Thanks!

@GK454 and @csutak40 ,

Good news! There is already a way to download a program App for either your Windows PC Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or your MAC computer, Apple Laptop, or iPad (in addition to the App for your phone). It is available at this link:

https://ring.com/gettheapp

Although the PC version is not as robust as the Apps for your Smart-phone (for controlling settings), a nice feature is that there is NOT an idle-time auto-log-out once you initially complete the Two-Step Verification. As log as you do not close/log-out the app and leave the program running on your computer, you do NOT have to keep repeating the verification every time (just like on your smart-phone).

You can keep it constantly displayed or just let it run in the back ground. The Dashboard updates with a new video display every time you camera does. I like using the “Snapshot” feature to keep the most updated view on my PC.

Hopefully it will fit your needs for monitoring your cameras on a big screen in Dashboard format. :slight_smile:

Hi neighbors! The Ring Desktop app experience has been moved to Ring.com. You can read more about the discontinuation of the Ring Desktop app in our Help Center article here. You can also see all of the features available on Ring.com. :slight_smile: