Alexa Integration

Hey Ring Team, add the ability to sound the alarm through Echo devices. I have two separate alarms one on the main house and one on the MeShed. I’d love to have my bedroom Echo or multiple Echos sound an alarm when it goes off as I can’t hear the siren from the house.

27 Likes

Along those lines, the ability to setup an Alexa Routine based on the system being triggered. Can do when set or disarmed, but not when triggered.

Hi neighbors! You can now have your Alexa-enabled Echo device play a chirp tone or the siren with the Play Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices feature. You can read more about this feature in our Help Center Article here.

How to Turn On Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices in the Alexa App:

• Ring Skill for Alexa must be enabled in your Alexa app. Click here for step by step instructions.
  • Open the Alexa app and navigate to the Devices icon in the bottom right corner.
  • Slide tile of devices near the header of the page to the left and tap ‘All Devices’ tile.
  • Scroll through the list of ‘All Devices’ and select your Ring Security system (designated by a shield icon, see below).

This feature is only available for neighbors in the US at this time, and it does not require an active Ring Protect plan subscription. Let me know if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ring Team,

Is there a reason why Alexa devices aren’t included on this list? I have Brilliant devices throughout my house and they work with the entire Alexa integration except for the sirens. It makes no sense and this feature needs to be added.