Separate settings per Motion Zone including recording and notifications

Absolutely!!!

4 Likes

My exact thought, I have a lot of car and pedestrian traffic during the day and would Like to be able to shut off the street motion zone during the day, but would like that zone on at night.
just think about the server traffic savings :slight_smile:

Current capabilities do not include custom alerts for each zone that the user creates. Please enable a feature that allows users to create custom alerts for each zone. This will enhance alerting customization as each user has different use cases.

1 Like

This is a great idea. I just got the Ring email blast about the option to help out police, but if I expand my capture beyond my yard the notifications are unmanageable, so I can’t really participate. Seems shortsighted to start this partnership without this feature.

7 Likes

Is it possible to set different motion zones on different time schedules? For example… Could I configure Zone A to record all motion, but Zone B to be disabled between a certain time period?

This is a feature that should have been included from the beginning! Please get this done!

2 Likes

This is a feature that should have been included from the beginning! Please get this done!

4 Likes

Totally agree this is needed.

5 Likes

We have the ring floodlight cam and have 2 motion zones set up. We want to record motion in any of the 2 zones, but only be alerted when motion is detected in “Zone 1”. Is this possible? If not, please try to make it available soon, it is desperately needed due to recent events in our neighborhood.

8 Likes

@Ring, you tell people to post to this feature request board, then ignore the requests. How sad.

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. It would be excellent if each camera could have 2 zones, one for capturing video and another for triggering an alert. As it is today, I want to capture all video (as you said, in case there is a car accident or some otherwise benign event) but want to be notified only if someone is actually approaching my house. Absent this feature, users must choose between meaningful notifications and video coverage, that is a bad choice to have to make. I errored on the side of capturing all video, and as a result either disable notifications or ignore them for specific cameras. It sucks.

I am extremely apt to search for alternate options, but have been otherwise pleased with the Ring cameras, but this feature alone is enough to win market share if someone else has it available.

6 Likes

This goes hand and hand with a feature request titled “Zone Based Notifications”. I recommend you plus up that one also as it has 17 likes already.

3 Likes

So many people have asked for this, in so many different requests. Hopefully it gets through to the dev team.

4 Likes

Done! Thanks

This surely must be a simple feature to create? It would help me so much and make the the ring devices even smarter, as my neighbours and I share a driveway, so during the day I want that zone turned off otherwise I would get a lot of unwanted motion alerts, but at night, it would be great if the motion zone would authomatically turn on?

4 Likes

This surely must be a simple feature to create? It would help me so much and make the the ring devices even smarter, as my neighbours and I share a driveway, so during the day I want that zone turned off otherwise I would get a lot of unwanted motion alerts, but at night, it would be great if the motion zone would authomatically turn on?

1 Like

This would be great, as I have to modify the zones every evening and morning

1 Like

I would like to setup 2 zones: one to alarm and record, and the other to record only. Is this possible?

2 Likes