Additional Owner to one Location

Interesting points by Zatt001 but I dont agree that an alarm system is in the same area as a router… a router you might update or change the configuration occasionally and you can always ask the owner to do it but the alarm needs to be activly managed by the people who live in the house, turning in on and off, enabling different elements, receiving alerts. In my case its not “my” alarm system, just like its not “my” house… i jointly own the house with my wife. My family live in the house and I want them to be able to ensure its secure.

What’s being asked is that Ring deliver an alarm system with a robust, flexible and granular management system which allows the purchaser to define the roles and authorities they need.

Not everyone will want to give authority to others but, based on feedback on various posts on this topic, many do.

Some comments questioned the possible security concerns … if you need others to manage the system then you have no option but to share your id and password… having to do this is far less secure than having seperate ids with granted authority… you simply make one id (initually the first one) the one which can add or remove other managers just like i can add or remove guests at the moment… if an id is compromised then it can be removed from the system and a new one set up… If multiple people are using the same id the whole system is compromised.

8 Likes