cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding A Live View For Multiple Cameras on the Windows App

Adding A Live View For Multiple Cameras on the Windows App

Hey, I would recommend you to add a feature where you or whoever is using the product can watch a live view on multiple cameras. Yes, there is a live view for each camera for the Windows App. but it would be nice to see multiple live views at once. If I make the ring window smaller, I see the cameras at a perfect size but the cameras only show a pre-recorded picture. If I see a live view of three cameras, it can help a lot of consumers to see what is going on. An average consumer doesn't have 3 or more computers just to look at each camera. It would be a nice update to see multiple live cameras at once. This would also be a nice feature on the app if possible. Thank you!

28 Comments
New Neighbor

This request is well pass 50 "thumbs up" and still no action. The people at Ring should /need to realize this feature would be a great marketing point.

With mulitple outside and inside cameras installed, it makes absolutely no sense I can view all the cameras at once on an iPhone or iPad (wireless), but the OSX app only shows one camera at a time (hardwired).

New Neighbor II

@Nutsaboutcars

Would you say that your feature request is identical to this one?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Adding-A-Live-View-For-Multiple-Cameras-on-the-W...

Or, is it not exactly identical?

Because if you agreed that it was identical, we should be able to consolidate the votes and close your request down.

Adding A Live View For Multiple Cameras on the Windows App is at 71 votes (6 votes away from the Top 5 List).

If yours could be consolidated into it, we would be able to move up the Top 5 list substantially.

What would need to happen is, of the 23 votes your request has, any that are duplicates would be filtered out and the remaining ones could bump the 71 votes of the other request into the 80's range.

Thoughts?

New Neighbor
I have 6 Ring Cameras and want to have one screen with all 6 running ‘live’ video at the same time.  As you know now its one by one ‘live’ not multiple. 

Essentially we want Ring to do what regular security camera companies do. 

One screen, all cameras running live feed video at the same time.  It would also make this a more commercial offering for security and businesses like convenience stores, businesses, etc. 

@TimsonT wrote:

Hey, I would recommend you to add a feature where you or whoever is using the product can watch a live view on multiple cameras. Yes, there is a live view for each camera for the Windows App. but it would be nice to see multiple live views at once. If I make the ring window smaller, I see the cameras at a perfect size but the cameras only show a pre-recorded picture. If I see a live view of three cameras, it can help a lot of consumers to see what is going on. An average consumer doesn't have 3 or more computers just to look at each camera. It would be a nice update to see multiple live cameras at once. This would also be a nice feature on the app if possible. Thank you!

New Neighbor

I have to agree this is an essential feature required. It would be good to see 2 on a phone also.

New Neighbor

Please RING, add this feature.  You offer a great video surveillance sysetm for a great reasonable cost, yet this basic feature is missing.  Please-Please-Please.  Thank you.

New Neighbor

PLEASE! I have a specific need to view live feeds for certain time frames. Currently, the only way I have found around this are these methods:

• iPad OS - You can open Rapid Ring and Ring side-by-side to get 2 live camera feeds
  • Mac OS - Write a 1 liner AppleScript that lets you launch multiple Ring app instances, tedious but works. Proves that it is intentionally being limited by the devs.
  • Use multiple devices at once 

This also needs to come with disablement of the 10-minute live view limit. I'm sure the concern on Rings end is storage space consumption, I'd even be open to a lower storage retention period to have these features. Hell, I'd even write it for you if it were Open Source. 

New Neighbor

This feature is long overdue. I have 2 cameras and planning to add a third. I need to be able to view all cameras simultaneously to provide that ring security around the property as advertised. Network perfomance should not be a problem. I used to have 4 IP cameras on my home network and was able to view them all at the same time with a client app.

New Neighbor II

Live View MultiCam is now number 2 on the request list!!!

Nine more votes needed for 1st Place.

Just hit the C Thumbs Up C icon at the top of the page to vote.

At this rate we should hit 1st place by the end of the weekend!

Notify your friends, relatives, second cousins, one night stands, etc. Every vote counts.