Add ability to automatically arm/disarm at certain times

Can you guys please add a function to automatically arm and/or disarm the security system at scheduled times? This is the only feature I miss from my previous security system (Xfinity). Would be nice to not have to wake up with my spouse if she wakes up before me to disarm the security system so she can let the dogs out, etc., and not have to worry about remembering to disarm the security system every morning.

331 Likes

I second this request. Seems so simple, but would erase a lot of headaches for us Neighbors!

4 Likes

My old xfinity alarm had a lot auotmation tasks. Auto arm, disarm, alerts or notifications via email when not arm at specific time, etc. These would be super helpful. Please add this feature.

2 Likes

Need this feature, scheduling.

3 Likes

Yes scheduling! Would love to schedule arm/disarm at specific times daily… Please make it happen ring techs!

4 Likes

not a perfect solution, but this is possible with alexa integration. You can do this with routines.

@rollsrice wrote:
Can you guys please add a function to automatically arm and/or disarm the security system at scheduled times? This is the only feature I miss from my previous security system (Xfinity). Would be nice to not have to wake up with my spouse if she wakes up before me to disarm the security system so she can let the dogs out, etc., and not have to worry about remembering to disarm the security system every morning.

as for current solution why don’t you add her as shared user? She can arm and disarm in app

1 Like

It’s a pretty bad feeling when you wake up and see the alarm had not been set the night before. I like both solutions… send me a text an hour before my “auto arm” time.

1 Like

Please include along with this propsed function the ability to set more than one schedule; allowing several schedules for one day, or different schedules for different days.

3 Likes

This feature should be one of the most basic functions for the ring alarm system. How did it get this far through development without this? Especially when you have 50% of the feature built-in (home arming). I replaced my Kerui system with Ring today because the WiFi card died and am extremely surprised to find this feature missing considering it exists on what I would now consider an inferior product.

Please move this to the top of your backlog or put it into your next sprint :slight_smile:

Thankyou

3 Likes

Please, please add this. Arming more of a priority than disarming. Agree with above, never good when we forget to set at night. I just want it to autoarm a little after our normal bedtime in case we miss it. Should be simple.

2 Likes

I agree! Definitely need this

1 Like

A competent DevOps team would have delivered this years ago. Years. Like 2018. Therefore I have no confidence in this ever being delivered unless Amazon cleans house over there.

What is the point of having multiple “zones” if you cannot manage them separately? I’ll wait.

1 Like

I’m shocked that Ring doesn’t have the ability to automatically disarm by time. As a former Xfinity home user, I assumed this was standard. Joke’s on me. I’m scared to set my system b/c I know I won’t remember to disarm. I had several false alarms before I set up the automatic disarms. My inlaws get up early when they stay with us. The list goes on. Amazon - this shouldn’t be that hard if Comcast can do it. How disapointing.

2 Likes

This is exactly why I’m visiting the forum.

snoozing the notifications is great and all but while I’m sitting on a deck with two spotlight cams, it’s recording tons of footage of me just sitting here or doing work in the yard… I then disarm it and forget to turn it back on which is a security problem.

PLEASE add some options for managing this.

I know this might not be possible but our Canary cameras inside uses Bluetooth to know I’m home and switches modes in conjunction with schedules. Not sure if short range Bluetooth could disable a camera but re-enable when I’m not on the deck.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this feature for so long!!! I’m not sure why they still have not created it. It is basic and most other systems have it. Please consider this as a priority!!

1 Like

Need this feature badly

1 Like

One of a few missed basic features. Work arounds of using Alexa are not ideal. It doesn’t always work. And it scares me every night it does come on to arm itself. If admins actually read these suggestions, please add this feature!!!

Please add this feature and I will buy Ring Alarm. I believe this feature would not cost lots of programming work but would provide tremendous value for users and your product.

Not sure why it takes Ring so long to have this feature available…Just like they design a car without AC lol