Add ability to automatically arm/disarm at certain times

Please add the arm scheduling feature and also auto arming feaure after being disarmed for a period of time.

This feature should have been available on day one. I just switched to Ring from Vivint a few months ago. Vivint has had this functionality for over 3 years.

Just adding my voice: would love to see this feature added

Is anyone even listening? I feel like trapped within ring system until this feature is added, this is a basic basic feature for any smart device. Looks like I have to take the risk of sharing credentials with third party.

Amazon, you should atleast enable 3rd party integration with IFTTT and give it options for both arm/disarm, we can’t wait for ever !!

Yes please! Sometimes I forget to set my alarm before going to sleep. PLEASE add capability to schedule arming of alarm. So easy to do and it could be a life saver.

I switched to ring about 6 months ago. The only frustration I have with ring is I can not program ring to turn on and off automatically at certain time for example turn on at 11pm and turn off at 6:30am . My previous alarm company (Vivint)can do. I feel this is a very basic function, not sure why ring doesn’t have it. My parent alway forget to turn alarm off in the morning before opening the back door and panic when the alarm goes off. Please add this feature as soon as possible! Thanks

This would be very helpful!

“This feature should be one of the most basic functions for the ring alarm system. How did it get this far through development without this?”

Quoted for truth! It is unfathomable this feature is not already present. Please PLEASE add this feature.

I like others would like this option available in the Ring setup, I appreciate it is possible to set up using third party apps however I agree that there may be security issues using the third party setups.

So come Ring please sort this out & remove the security issues of using third party after all this is a security alarm system

Please add this feature! Kids always setting off in the morning.

ANYBODY can do this via Simple Commands and Alexa. Add Ring to Simple Commands>create a routine to Arm the system when triggered>In Alexa, discover the ‘scene’ (which is the routine you just made in Simple Commands) and then create a routine in Alexa to run the ‘Arm scene’ at midnight every night as a failsafe in case nobody arms it at night or runs the goodnight routine in Alexa.

Should it be this difficult? No, but there is an easy to set up workaround that I’ve been using for a year.

1 Like

This feature will be really helpful as many times we forget to arm the device before going to sleep and have to remember to disarm in the morning before kids open the door. Schedule based arming and disarming will be a great security feature as it ensures the device would arm at a set time.

1 Like

This is an easy win. Please do it. Xfinity has this.

To my knowledge, there has not been a Ring feature update in the past year . This is a sign of a stale product and an indicator of the future direction of Ring. Likely, it will be sold so Amazon can focus on its core business. Ring customers are very near the bottom of Amazon’s hierarchy of focus. I would not recommend Ring to friends or family for this fact alone.

This is a feature that is available in the ADT Pulse. Ring should support this feature natively.

Please add this feature

Please add this scheduling feature!

IT would be a real alarms system if we could have a arm and disarm schedualing!

The Nest system has schedules ** why can’t the ring system. Blink even has scheduals of the Blink camera system which I would love if RING and BLINK finialy work together!**

Ed

This is a feature that if I had known that Ring didn’t have it I would not have purchased this system. To be honest I would really like to know why Ring doesn’t provide this option. I feel that this is something that the service is really lacking.

@rollsrice wrote:
Can you guys please add a function to automatically arm and/or disarm the security system at scheduled times? This is the only feature I miss from my previous security system (Xfinity). Would be nice to not have to wake up with my spouse if she wakes up before me to disarm the security system so she can let the dogs out, etc., and not have to worry about remembering to disarm the security system every morning.

@rollsrice wrote:
Can you guys please add a function to automatically arm and/or disarm the security system at scheduled times? This is the only feature I miss from my previous security system (Xfinity). Would be nice to not have to wake up with my spouse if she wakes up before me to disarm the security system so she can let the dogs out, etc., and not have to worry about remembering to disarm the security system every morning.

Agree - would love to a way to arm/disarm at specific times. If not directly through the Ring app then through Alexa or SmartThings.