Activate Siren on all Camera’s and Alarm

I totally agree.

I agree too - infact, I am incredible surprised that nobody at Ring has come up with this feature - it’s strange to not have it included.

Equally I think it would be good that the lights could “flash” to identify the location - unless movement was detected whereby they would remain on to record.

Fantastic idea. Please add

Request this option with there support staff months ago

Maybe to avoid noise pollution from all the sirens going off all the time when getting spurious triggers. They’d get too much backlash and complaints from neighbors about disturbing the peace if it wasn’t reliable enough to only go off only when warranted.

This would be a great added feature - Thanks!

1 Like

Please make it possible to link the floodlight cam alarms to the Ring home alarm system. This is how I thought the system would work before I purchased it. Very disappointed!

Must have feature. Was very dissapointed this was not available

Waiting for this feature to buy the ring alarm.

Also necessary for testing volume. Testing the siren for each device individually doesn’t give you a good feel for how loud the total system sounds in unison.

This is actually possible. If you have Alexa, there are many automations you can set up through 3rd party apps such as Simple Commands and IFTTT. Once you setup the routine in the app and then use that in Alexa, you can arm, disarm, set off the alarm, all with a set command. Once you learn how to use the

3rd party apps with Alexa, there’s no limit to what you can do.

yes!.. Especially since it can already start the recording and turn on the lights as a “linked device”

This is a good idea, I submitted a feature request similar to this in that any sounds from the ring system should be configurable to also sound on echo devices. In this way you could make sure the sounds are heard from wherever you like in the property.

When the alarm sounds it could even set all the echo devices to maximum volume - this would not only make it more disorienting for the intruder with the alarm sound coming from multiple locations but also alert the occupent better.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Ring-alarm-sounds-on-Echo-devices/idi-p/26591

I totally agree that an outdoor siren is needed. This will allow neighbors to be alerted to the alarm.

Please, please, please, add an outdoor siren strobe to the devices for Ring. This is an extremely important device to have for any home. The police and neighbors can easily identify which home the alarm is ringing. Since all the sirens are inside, most neighbors would not know the house was being broken into without it.

Legacy wired alarms have these and are great to scare burglers and alert your neighbors plus direct police/first repsonders to the correct address.

Thanks!

16 Likes

Can’t believe this hasn’t happened yet!

Another vote from me.

Was looking for an external siren in the UK and couldn’t find anything.

This would be at least be an alternative.

EDIT: Found another thread requesting this.

Hi,

I would also like an outside Siren / Speaker blasting out at high decibels. My entire street has triple glazed windows and when they are all shut and you can hardly hear the base station outside.

I set the siren off went next door to my neighbour and with their windows and doors closed we couldnt even hear the alarm sounding.

My Base station is located on the ground floor next to 8 ft from the external wall and 10 ft from a window.

Agreed!

Totally agree. Really disappointed that the system does not do this. On alarm - all lights, sirens and recording should start