Activate Siren on all Camera’s and Alarm

I had been wondering the very same thing for quite awhile now. It seems to me that having a “panic button” option that sets off all the cameras alarms at once is an absolute no brainer. Completely surprised and disappointed that this feature doesn’t already exist. Ring has really dropped the ball on such a simple idea that seems to be heavily needed and wanted by their customers. This feature shouldn’t solely be linked to the alarm system either. Just have the cameras alone should allow you to set all of their alarms off at once via the “panic button”.

I don’t get this, I know they have the Dome third party external siren but how hard is it to make a plug in wall outlet loud siren that only uses battery when power goes out. This should be a must and with current technology doesn’t seem that it would be hard to achive. I agree that everything ring makes should go off, make sounds when alarm is triggered, that includes flood lights, security cameras and even smoke detectors. This should at least be an option or toggle switch on each device on the app if someone chooses to have better coverage as far as sound goes.

I’m honestly surprised this even needs to be voted on. This is just common sense Ring. If someone is breaking into my house I want everything with a siren to go off.

1 Like

I don’t understand why they don’t have this already. Seems like it wouldn’t be difficult to add. I read that burglers are more worried about outside alarms than indoor, so linking floodlight camera makes sense.

1 Like

Is this still not a thing? Come on ring at least give us an explanation as to why? If it’s the noise issue then just limit it to one external siren source, also you could limit the length of time the external siren sounds in case of false alarm and/or battery life??

I have recently brought the alarm base station set from Ring and this has been working fine. I last week purchased two floodlight cameras for front and back garden. Due to them having sirens as well i assumed that this would all sync up with the alarm base station. I.e when the house alarm goes off the sirens from the floodlight cameras would also trigger.

However, this is not the case. Currently if the alarm is triggered the cameras record the event but i think having the sirens triggered as well would be an extra benefit to the whole package. As there is no external siren option with Ring products this could be a quick fix for that issue as the base station isn’t very loud when you are outside the property.

55 Likes

Seconded!

With the linked devices option, it would be amazing to allow us to utilize the sirens in our outdoor flood/cameras. We can already start recordings and turn on the lights… let us alert the neighbors and scare the %#^t out of an intruder as well.

19 Likes

Ring should have an outdoor alarm siren that lights up .
Because it’s alright having an alarm inside but if a burglar doesn’t know there is an alarm system inside . they will break either window or door .so then you have to buy a new window or new door . Where as in if the ring system has an outdoor siren that lights up .it warns burglars that there is an alarm system so burglars are less likely to break in the house . There’s plenty of z wave outdoor sirens about but if ring had there own it would also advertise ring aswell .

49 Likes

This definitely needs to happen.

@MikeP wrote:

I have recently brought the alarm base station set from Ring and this has been working fine. I last week purchased two floodlight cameras for front and back garden. Due to them having sirens as well i assumed that this would all sync up with the alarm base station. I.e when the house alarm goes off the sirens from the floodlight cameras would also trigger.

However, this is not the case. Currently if the alarm is triggered the cameras record the event but i think having the sirens triggered as well would be an extra benefit to the whole package. As there is no external siren option with Ring products this could be a quick fix for that issue as the base station isn’t very loud when you are outside the property.

2 Likes

It would be nice to enable for Ring floodlights/spotlights/stick-up camera and doorbells to have their alarms go off when the Ring Alarm goes off.
It also would be nice to be able to choose if a ring alarm door or motion sensor being tripped sounds the outdoor sirens instead of the indoor ones

A good example is the attached photo. I have a door sensor and motion sensor in my outdoor tool shed. If those sensors are tripped I don’t necessarily need the house alarm to go off as if I’m in danger, instead having the outdoor flood light and spotlight cameras go off would ensure the person was made aware they had been caught in the action.
This could be expanded to the future ring auto so that when the car is in the driveway if the car alarms are tripped any cameras one had could also go off.

Also it would be nice to link my echo devices from the ring app to give me an alert (someone is breaking into the shed/car!) instead of having to go through the Alexa app.

1 Like

Can we get an update from Ring Community managers please? We now have 250 votes for this.

1 Like

Definitely support this! Seems madness that you can configure Modes to turn the Security Camera light or video recording feature on if the alarm is triggered but you can’t turn the sirens on. Being able to set this up as a Mode would reduce the need for an external siren to be brought to the UK market.

1 Like

Is there *really* no response to this yet? It seems crazy that this is not a feature.

@Ring - this seems like an easy feature to roll out. Come on!!

Though this was obvious. Got chocked when this option was not there, what does ring think? That if the alarm goes on i should manually go to each camera and turn on the siren?.. wow…

+1

Both Simplisafe and now Hive have the option of an external siren. If it wasn’t for the reports of flakey connectivity with the Hive sensors and the abuility to disable the Simplisafe system easily i’d concider them over Ring.

For me an external siren or utilising one of Rings other products to work like an external siren is necessary for the UK. The police highly recommend it and i’ve come across a number of insurance companies now asking about it.

If the other two companies resolve their issues before Ring or a partner release an external siren, I can see a number of owners switching.

Do Ring actually read any of these requests? This and glass break sensors have been requested for years. Instead they’ve worked on a flying camera.

I think the alarm would benefit an external siren or in the meantime at least activate the camera sirens and have the led on the units flash drawing attention to the house. Additionally a talk back feature would be good on the base station. But so far loving the unit.

The alarm needs to link to the camera sirens and / or to an external siren. I have cameras and doorbell but until they introduce this function I WILL NOT buy the alarm system!!

@McLovin The community managers do read these request, unfortunately they don’t give us any updates on the status of them.

It seems like it would be pretty simple to implement since the external cameras can already be linked to record and turn on the light if the alarm is triggered.