cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Siren on all Camera’s and Alarm

Activate Siren on all Camera’s and Alarm

It would be very useful and handy if there was a feature to sound the siren on all the installed camera’s and alarm within one location. I have multiple cameras and have always thought that it would be good to have a feature to turn on all the sirens simultaneously if needed to alert neighbours of a issue or scare someone away.
129 Comments
New Neighbor

Don't forget the floodlight cam also has a siren. This would be such a great feature  I was a law enforcement officer and I know from experience that a loud siren that attracts the attention of neighbors is more likely to result in the apprehension of the burglar than a monitoring center that dispatches police. People don't realize how much of a delay there is with the monitoring center receiving the alarm, then they contact the owner, then they call police, and then you have the delay at the police department in getting it dispatched  A good neighbor will look out for the suspect, then hopefully call police directly if they see someone who is up to no good. We caught burglars because of a neighbor calling but I can't remember ever catching one because of a monitoring center calling. 

New Neighbor II

Hi @Prod ,

Recently Ring pushed a firmware update so now all the Ring Video cameras have a Siren now (but not on some Ring Video Doorbells).  Unfortunately, it is not a very loud siren sound. 

The siren can be easily be activated manually (without setting off the Alarm Base Station) by tapping on the white "Double-Parenthesis-Exclamation Point" Icon in the video display (very different Icon from the RED "Exclamation Point" Icon which does activate the Alarm Base Station).

But as 

Community Manager

@Boone Thank you for referencing all of the other Community Feature Request threads that you saw these in and @F1N1 Thank you for the suggestion to merge these together! The Feature Request Board is ever growing, and we don't want to merge too many ideas together so that neighbors do not miss out on upvotes from their unique idea. After reviewing the other posts mentioned in this thread, it looks like they all match up with similar interest, so in the effort to have it all streamlined and in one place, I have moved the threads mentioned and all of their upvotes, comments, and so on, into this one major thread, as it had the most upvotes when I moved it over. Now we can have it all in one place!

Thank you for your continued interest in this feature as well neighbors, and rest assured that this is passed along to the appropriate teams so we can continue to bring things our neighbors are looking for! Smiley Happy 

New Neighbor II

Not satisfied with the siren volume provided in my security cams, I rigged a simple but effective 140dB outdoor piezo siren using a smart plug and 12VDC outlet transformer. This allows me the option of remotely activating the alarm based on what I view on the cams. The only problem is that I need to jump to another app to control the smart plug switch. Yes, it would be nice to have a similar piezo alarm accessory that can be controlled through the Ring app.

New Neighbor

I found an excellent solution provided by u/anonrod in the r/Ring forum of Reddit.com entitled

"Easy way to add any loud siren to the alarm system".    This works very well for me.

New Neighbor II

I’m in total agreement – one that doesn’t involve the alarm system, but can be activated through the Ring app.  As a workaround, I rigged a loud 12VDC piezo alarm siren that works with a smart plug and outlet adapter.  This allows me to remotely activate the siren alarm based on what I see through my Ring security cameras.  The only problem is that I need to jump over to another app to activate the smart plug switch.  Yes, Ring needs a “stand alone” outdoor siren!

New Neighbor II

Thank you Chelsea for merging the requests Smiley Happy

Do you know what the status is? i.e being considered, in test phase etc?

New Neighbor

Hi. Is there any news. Do you think this might happen, would make a great feature. 

New Neighbor

I've been asking for this for two years now... Why hasn't it been done yet? 

New Neighbor
I’ve made this suggestion in the past and it seems as many others are wanting the same feature added. Can Ring-Team please look into making this feature available. We’re wanting our external cameras sirens to sound once the ring security system is activated. It would provide more protection to us. Allow our neighbors to hear that someone is trying to break into our home. To my knowledge Ring doesn’t offer an external siren. Yes the interior siren can maybe stop someone from proceeding with a B&E, but that’d mean there were already in our home. If we have it that the exterior cameras sirens are activated. It would hopefully stop someone from even thinking of stepping
Foot into our homes and would get more attention from our neighbors, and be even more of a deterrent to criminals. Please as many others have asked look into this as a feature update. We’d all appreciate it! We love our ring products and that you all are willing to hear our suggestions.