Ability to use live view and the timeline on the website

It would be greatly desirable and appreciated if live view, and also all features of the timeline in general could be used on the website. This would be wonderful for various situations where mobile phone usage is not permissible and also neither is the Windows 10 store.

12 Likes

I too would love to see Live View on the web, and the timeline would be gravy. Thanks!

I too would love to see live view. Also, multiple cameras at the same time…

Nest already has this and switched to Ring thinking that this was a common feature, so didn’t think anything of it till you don’t get it. Well what else is missing that I had from my Nest Hello.

I hope Amazing is listening and adds this soon, otherwise they might lose customers to Google. Not sure if I will switch back since I didn’t use the feature often, but it does come in handy when you need it.

I was about to suggest the same thing when I came across this post! This would be amazing as we have multiple monitors set up around the house and it would be great to be able to live stream our streetview security camera :slight_smile:

Live View and timeline from the website interface, these are very important needed features. We have numerous cameras and locations and our eyes are not young (50+). Having to do things from the phone app is especially challenging with older eyes and less steady hands. A 6.5" phone screen is far too small of targets and visual real estate to work in. We have 50" monitors connected to our 17.3" laptops for this very reason. Please add these needed features soon. Features need to be tested and have focus groups that include more than just 20 and 30 year old’s who write most of the code. Older eye need to be part of the focus groups. Thanks for reading.

Similar here. Do we know how can you view the timeline events on the web?

just got a notification on my PC that the windows Ring App will stop working in October. Currently all of Ring’s major household name competitors are able to be viewed “Live” from the web. This moves means that in order to view live video outside the ring mobile app user will have to additionally purchase a alexa enabled device. Which does little use for users outside of the home.

I would use live view on my desktop a lot, as the picture is much larger than on my phone. Now that the app is being discontinued, it would be nice to be able to have live view accessible on the website.

Hi neighbors! We are happy to inform you all that Live View is now available from Ring.com.

To access Live View on Ring.com:

1. Log into your Ring account using the same email and password that you use for the Ring app.
  2. Select one of the Snapshot images under the Cameras section for a camera or doorbell; Live View will open.
  3. Depending on which device you’re using, there are certain things you can do:
  • Enable sound by selecting the speaker button (available for doorbells and cameras).
  • Use Two-Way Talk by selecting the microphone icon (available for doorbells and cameras).
  • Turn on lights by selecting the light button (available for spotlight or floodlight cameras)
  • Activate the camera siren by selecting the exclamation button.
  1. To end Live view, select the End Live button.

Check out our help center article for more information on this, such as supported web browsers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Marley @ Marley_Ring,

This is good news if being enabled, but unfortunately it’s not working. When you click on the snapshot image to bring up a live view it just sits and spins. I’ve tried multiple supported browsers, same results and have read others having the same issue here.

When I called the Ring customer service line earlier today I was told that the Live feature did not work on browsers at all. So not sure which is the real answer!

I and many others here have relied on the Ring App to provide a desktop path to access our Live views from cameras and doorbells, and with the deprecation of the Ring App that is a major functionality takeaway since it does not work using Ring.com and browser.

Please confirm that whatever the issue is is getting fixed and that (hopefully) the Live functionality has been enabled on desktop browsers.

Update from the Ring Community Forum Manager

Going forward, we want you to know that in the coming months we are looking to bring the following features to Ring.com in the future:

Browser notifications for Chrome, Firefox
    Safari support will come late 2022
Additional browsers supported for Live View (Firefox, Safari)
Device Health information for your devices

You should not discontinue the Ring desktop app until Safari support is implemented. I don’t want to be forced to use Chrome to use your app. It is driving me to look at alternatives as we speak.

I couldn’t agree more! This is a major security issue for Mac users! Possibly a class action law suit!

Mac users should certainly remember this action when buying Amazon/Ring products in the future. Clearly we have little value here and nothing we say or do matters!

I cannot view the recorded alert for each individual device- Only live view. This is very inconvenient. The one tap of the device icon to view why I received the alert is valued since theres delays in getting the initial alert and noone is there on the live view. Now we have to go to a list of history?? With several devices this can be tedious and the font is small and not so visable distinguishable.