Separate settings per Motion Zone including recording and notifications

I joined to add this suggestion but see that it is here already. Say I’m planning on adding a camera to watch the front of the house (driveway, sidewalk, road). It would be nice to set minimal zones for those areas during the day while it is busy. However, during the night (specifically when the neighborhood has been experiencing higher crime rates 3AM - 5 AM) it would be nice to expand those zones to pick up all motion. I know this could probably be done by snoozing motion in the zones, but I’d like to be able to add Day Time zones, Evening zones, and maybe High Alert zones for those times I want to specify. This way the batteries won’t be draining with all day time activity. Once I like the location of the battery powered camera, I may purchase a hard wired camera since I will know what the view looks like already.

This is the feature request that I created this accout for. Please make this happen.

1 Like

When multiple zones are setup for motion detection, set schedule to activate/deactivate a specific zone for a period of time. Use case: Schedule activate zone for sidewalk and street area at night so ring doorbell captures a wider area to record suspicious activity at sidewalk and street. Then deactivate zone in morning when high activity is expected. I can currently do this manually each night by setting zone ‘Active’

I think it would be nice if you could set the type of alert and sensitivity you like for whatever times of day you want. I get a lot of alerts during the daytime so I put those alerts on silent and don’t put the sensitivity too high. But at night I like to be aware and awakened if necessary for any activity happening outside so I always switch the alerts to the verbal alert for my floodlight cam and switch the people only function to everything for my doorbell cam.

But that’s a pain to go in and do those changes every night before bed and I don’t always remember. There are certain times of day (mainly middle of night) I want to be made more aware of activity outside the home so it would be convenient if you could customize alerts and cam sensitivities by time of day.

4 Likes

Agree…I would really like to have this feature!!

1 Like

I’d like this too though am concerned with the humans setting on doorbell. I was testing this yesterday. Had zone extended and settings at max plus humans on. Thought great it’s not going off with cars etc. Had ordered a Chinese. Delivery came. Person came and went and nothing. No alert/recording nothing. Have turned humans only off again.

^^^^^

Different zones for different times of the day/night. For example; In the middle of the night I would like motion detection further into sidewalk were my car is parked.

Please add this feature. Otherwise, multiple motion zones are pointless.

There are so many threads here and on other sites asking for this feature…for years. Why won’t you add it?

1 Like

This should have been included from the beginning. So many have asked for it. Please add this feature.

Users have requested this feature for years. Please add it.

2 Likes

Ring, when you all meet to discuss new features, please bring common sense to the table with you. You give us the option to create multiple motion zones, but not the option to control what type of alerts we get within those zones. That makes zero sense. I want to be able to get “all motion” alerts in a particular zone, and “people only” in another.

5 Likes

I agree with this post. It would also make a great additional setting option for the daytime/nighttime idea I suggested.

I agree. Multiple zones are useless if I can’t have different settings for each zone.

1 Like

I agree. Custom notifications per motion zone would make having multiple zones actually useful.

Yes! This seems like common sense. I can’t believe they haven’t implemented this yet. Without the abilty to set different motion settings for each zone, having multiple zones is useless.

I live on a street with a front garden then a pavement onto a road where I park my cars.

What I would like to do is to add a motion zone to cover the garden and the cars on the road and a seperate zone just covering the garden.

I would like the option to trigger motion record for home mode when I have the cars parked, (but not send me alerts as it will ping all of the time) and to send me alerts when in away mode if someone enters my garden.

Same here. This would be an appreciated option.

I have a Ring indoor cam that I have set to detect motion at all times. I would like the home VS away mode to toggle alerts only. I can burrow down and do that but it simply makes more sense to integrate it into the home VS away mode.

I have several elite cameras where you can add multiple detection zones. I would like to be able to change the sensitivity for different zones on each camera. For example I have a camera on my driveway. Although the motion zone is not covering the road at night the lights of a passing car causes shadows that then trigger an alert. I would like to be able for example select a zone near the road to be people only. And the other zones as more sensitive.