cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to set notification preference per zone

Ability to set notification preference per zone

I’d like the ability to set notification per zone vs whole camera. My use case is based on the new police request feature. I have two cameras that face the road. I want to be able to set a zone that records motion, but not notifies me of it. Right now if I increase my zone to cover the road, I get 100+ notifications a day as people and cars go by, so my zone is set just to the edge of my property. That way I get notified if anyone comes on to my property. However, the police have this new feature where they can request ring users to check their cams if they need assistance with crimes, abductions, etc. since I’m forced to only set my zone to edge of my property, I wouldn’t have any footage of the road if requested. I’d like to be able to set a zone on the road that records, but doesn’t notify. Then a zone that covers my property that records AND notifies. You already have multi-zone capabilities. Just move the records and notification settings to the zone setup.
42 Comments
New Neighbor

This is the feature request that I created this accout for.  Please make this happen.

New Neighbor

I think it would be nice if you could set the type of alert and sensitivity you like for whatever times of day you want.  I get a lot of alerts during the daytime so I put those alerts on silent and don't put the sensitivity too high.  But at night I like to be aware and awakened if necessary for any activity happening outside so  I always switch the alerts to the verbal alert for my floodlight cam and switch the people only function to everything for my doorbell cam. 

But that's a pain to go in and do those changes every night before bed and I don't always remember.  There are certain times of day (mainly middle of night) I want to be made more aware of activity outside the home so it would be convenient if you could customize alerts and cam sensitivities by time of day.  

New Neighbor

Agree...I would really like to have this feature!!

New Neighbor

I'd like this too though am concerned with the humans setting on doorbell. I was testing this yesterday. Had zone extended and settings at max plus humans on. Thought great it's not going off with cars etc. Had ordered a Chinese. Delivery came. Person came and went and nothing. No alert/recording nothing. Have turned humans only off again. 

New Neighbor

^^^^^

New Neighbor

There are so many threads here and on other sites asking for this feature...for years. Why won't you add it?

New Neighbor

Users have requested this feature for years. Please add it.

New Neighbor
Ring, when you all meet to discuss new features, please bring common sense to the table with you. You give us the option to create multiple motion zones, but not the option to control what type of alerts we get within those zones. That makes zero sense. I want to be able to get “all motion” alerts in a particular zone, and “people only” in another.
New Neighbor

I agree with this post. It would also make a great additional setting option for the daytime/nighttime idea I suggested. 

New Neighbor

I agree. Multiple zones are useless if I can't have different settings for each zone.