APP FEATURE UPDATE NEEDED: ADD A THIRD POWER SOURCE OPTION: SOLAR

how this is not already within the app is a head scratcher

My issue is that when setting up the camera and solar within the app there should be a third option for POWER SOURCE type. Outlet, Battery and Solar.

When you have the camera connected to the solar panel the app tries to get you to change the power sourse to outlet. Well, if you setup your solar connected camera to Power Source: Outlet, the motion and record option will drain the battery to 0% in no time and will not recharge with the soal panel once the battery is at 0%

When using the Solar Power Source option have the default camera motion and record settings set to higher sensitivity during the day while charging/running on solar and have those options change to Power Source: Battery at night.

Hard to believe the amount of basic needed features that are taking years to implement or never being implemented. (Example: Ring Alarm Gen2 Keypad - No option for constant LED illumintaion.)

1 Like

UPDATE:

and will not recharge with the soal panel once the battery is at 0%

UPDATE:

Beaming sunny day. App showed Power Source: Battery, 0% and would not pull up Live View. I went outside to solar stick up camera and waved my arm to set off motion detection, went back into app and the Power Souce updated showing Power Outlet, battery level 1%.