2nd Gen Chime Pro - Schedule LED Light and adjust Ambient light Sensitivity

Love the look and extra functanality of the Chime pro Gen 2 but would love the ability to schedual the time of the LED light comes on and off and or the ability to adjust the ambient light sensitivity as my chime pro is located in our internal hallway but the light will come on during the day when the hall is still well lit.

1 Like

Same here! I’d like to see a ambient light sensitivity adjustment or something for the night light. It seems to now work as it should, turning off and on (at first it just never turned off–ever) but it seems it needs direct light to turn off. I ended up moving mine from my kitchen to my living room. When it was in the kitchen, despite being daylight, it only ever turned off if my kitchen lights were on. Now, in my living room, it’s only off when the sun is directly hitting it. There are often times when it’s perfectly light out, but not bright enough in the room for the night light to turn off during the day.

I’d love to see some sort of adjustment to tune the sensitivity to our liking.

Thanks!

1 Like

Curious - why does Ring not provide an option to schedule the night light on the Ring Chime Pro? Not really a need to have the nightlight on during the day.

1 Like

I have seen the Google Ring app which allows time schedule of Chrime Pro Night Light. Why this is not available in iPhone app?

Also, during the winter time in the UK, the daylight is weak so the Night Light is on unnecessarily. Is it possible to control its sensitivity? Failing that, Night Light on only within a time windows, i.e. if it is bright during the time windows, it won’t turn on. This is typically in UK summer time as it is only dark till 9-10pm.

1 Like

Is there the ability to give the chime pro (2nd gen) the ability to make the light only come on during certain hours?

1 Like

I have a chime pro 2nd generation with night light. Where mine is located the night light is in all the time during the day even.

Could we add a schedule as imagine this happens a lot in other environments, such as low sun, shadows etc.

So can we get a schedule so it still activates still on ambient light, but only say during the night when I want it on.

Thanks

In the Android Ring app, this feature is also not in… Hopefully, this could be implemented in both systems soon.

Chime pro night light stays on all the time. Seems like a defect. Needs to have option to set it to come on and off at our schedule. And fix the automatic so it’s really automatic.

1 Like

I would love to see a schedule option for the night light on the chime pro.

1 Like

Indeed. I believe this has been proposed here before. You can search it out and see what kind of response it got.

1 Like

I love the night light feature but I’d like to have it on schedule as my corridor have no access to daylight so as a result night light is always on despite the fact it isn’t so dark in there.

I’d love to have additional setting to toggle the night light automatically between some night hours.

Thanks!.

1 Like

Feature Request. Ring Chime Pro Light Schedule.

I have my RingPro in my hallway. There is enough light in the day that I can utilize my hallway but the light is triggered. But at night I want the light on. Instead of manually turning the light on and off each day would be nice if I could set the light to a schedule where it automatically turns on at say 6pm and turn off at 7am as an example. Although would want flexibility to be any time also ability to select specific day even. Shouldn’t be too difficult to integrate into the app even if something like utilize background refresh on the app to have it do it automatically if the RingChime Pro itself can’t store code like that.

We should be able to set a schedule for the night light to turn on and off.

Agreed, I just got a 2nd gen Chime Pro to replace a 1st gen and as it sits in a slightly darker hall way it’s on 24 hours a day.

I did presume there would be an option to set the night light either at specific times or at least dusk till dawn.

1 Like

Nice to have a schedule option for the night light.

1 Like

The chime pro night light never switches off. It needs a setting to allow me to say when it should switch on and off. I love the product but this would be so much more helpful.

1 Like

I would love to see a schedule option for the night light on the chime pro. It the number one disappointment for this device.

1 Like

Chime is in a dark hallway so night light is always on. Would be good to have a feature to enable night light between certain hours.

1 Like

Currently the very bright night light on the new chime cannot be dimmed or switched off, it is lighting up my entire hall way at night and most of the staircase, desperately need an option to turn it off please

1 Like

I do support this request. I have a chime installed in a room that should be dark, so I should be able to switch off the led during normal conditions. Obviously, when something is wrong, like a lost onnection, the blinking led is still required.

Imagine how much light such a small led delivers when everything else is pitch dark.

High priority.

2 Likes