Extend the length of Live View (24/7 recording)

I just called to request this exact feature and then came here and saw the same request!

It would be super useful as sometimes there’s an event that is not caught in time.

In fact, the whole reason that I bought the Ring was to deter or catch some kids that would frequently knock on my door and be gone by the time I could get out there. It was triggering my startle response from severe PTSD. You can imagine the added frustration from buying and setting up the Ring and having it effectively be useless for the intended purpose.

Finally today the camera caught them but only just as they were about to scooter off. Lucky for me, they scootered past my house again a few minutes later and I was able to confront the kid that stopped when I called after him and I was able to explain why it was mean and asked him to stop.

The fact that it took another 5-10 additional instances of this for the Ring to finally catch it in time, gives me little faith that other more sinister events would be caught on camera.

Development team, if you’re reading this, please add a 24/7 record and storage feature that will save continuous video for at least 24 hours so that it captures any events, not just the ones after motion is detected or the doorbell is rang. And if you do elect to help us with this feature, please have it save for at least 24 hours or more before being overwritten, in case we’re not able to download the footage quickly.

Thank you.

4 Likes