Silent arm and disarm and silent entry and exit delay

This one feature would make this system complete!

1 Like

It would be nice to have an option to skip exit delay on stay mode. It could be a simple second press of the home button or (and this would satisfy another post I came across) have it silence the exit delay. For the times when you are not leaving the house in stay mode.

1 Like

This sounds like this a “Hot Idea” . . . with a similar post in the Ring Alarm forum with over 5, 400 views! ?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Silence-exit-delay-and-armed-announcement-on-demand/m-p/471#M80

2 Likes

Please add this feature! It’s the thing I miss most about my old alarm system! Thank you very much for posting this.

1 Like

I’ve been using Ring Alarm for a year and a half and being that I was looking for support this morning on another question I had to make an account so I came here to drop in my $0.02.

1. The ability to silent arm/disarm

2. The ability to arm (with silent) “Home and Armed” and then have a delay before it is armed so I can leave.

So I’m sure I’m not alone. I leave the house at 5:30am. The rest of the family is sleeping and home. Before my new home, and of course my Ring Alarm install I had a traditional alarm and I could easily every morning: Silent Disarm, Silent Arm Home, Open the door, and leave. No announcements of “Home and Armed” and I didn’t have to wait on the way out to connect my app and stop to use that to arm etc. I’m at the keypad, I should be able to perform just that with ease.

3 Likes

This sounds like this a “Hot Idea” . . . with a similar post in the Ring Alarm forum with over 5, 400 views! ?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Silence-exit-delay-and-armed-announcement-on-demand/m-p/471#M80

3 Likes

Please add this feature! It’s the thing I miss most about my old alarm system! Thank you very much for posting this.

4 Likes

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!

It is really annoying to manually turn the volume down every night and morning when arming and disarming.

PLEASE is not that difficult

2 Likes

Please add silent exit feature. I’d been a ring alarm supported since the beginning and its still a paint in the butt that Ring and Amazon haven’t spend the resources to give Ring the same basic functionality as a GE home alarm and many other standard brands.

2 Likes

I’m a new Ring subscriber and am pretty amazed that this basic feature is not available. Please add this feature soon.

2 Likes

We recently switched from ADT to Ring and so far our only frustration is the countdown when we set the alarm at night.
All of our kids are sleeping and then suddenly there’s a loud beeping and then a voice stating that our system is armed.
I understand that there is a workaround to this with turning the volume down on the base station before setting it, but it seems like creating an option for a silent countdown would be an easy upgrade? It doesn’t seem like I should have to be going back and forth in my settings every time I want to set my alarm.

There are lots of requests for this. Here’s a post with all of the feature requests bookmarked so you can upvote them!

Silence exit delay and armed announcement on demand - Products / Ring Alarm - Ring Community

2 Likes

When arming ring alarm, Perhaps allow us to say “Alexa, set ring to home mode, silent countdown” or allow us to hit a key on the keypad that will shut the countdown sound off. Doing the silence command or button will silence the current countdown ONLY. This is waking my family up at night and should be a basic feature.

2 Likes

Just adding another voice to have this feature added. I know there is a workaround, but how this isn’t a standard option among any security company is crazy.

Seems like such an obvious feature. Working around this by logging into the app and muting the device volume of the keypad and base station is cumbersome … Ring, seriously, do better…

I have a schedule to set the alarm at 1am in case I forget when I go to bed. Firstly it’s daft that that if the alarm is already in home mode it still does the noisy countdown and sets home mode again. Secondly it’s annoying it spends 2 minutes chiming away trying to wake everybody up. As a result I have disabled the schedule.

Please add this feature, I will not arm the alarm if I think it will wake the family.

Our alarm schedule mode switch to home mode late at night when everyone is sleeping and schedule disarm early in the morning when everyone is sleeping.

I was shocked when I discovered after midnight that having the alarm or keypad volume up meant the late night arming would be announced waking up the whole family.

We rely on the “ding dong” noises when doors open and close. Setting the alarm base and keyboard volume to zero is not a solution because we need the alarm to arm and disarm automatically and silently while still hearing the ding dongs during the day.

Scheduled mode changes should NOT be announced by the base or keypad, or at least there should be the option to have the scheduled mode changes be silent. If scheduled mode changes can be set to be silent, then we wouldn’t have to change the volume settings twice each and every day to get the ding dongs back during the day.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I’m new here. Please do add this feature to be able to have an option to have a Silent Arm, Disarm, Entry & Exit Delays.

I’m surprised that this feature is not available on this modern Ring SW centric system.
This was available on my 15 year old system which didn’t have internet, Wi-Fi or an app. One method was to have a button on the key fob, to silence the exit, entry delays.

Maybe this could be a nicely visible button on the app, or similar. I can’t imagine that this would be difficult to implement in SW by the Ring engineers.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve seen this in previous posts but the voice alert saying “home and armed” and disarmed is completely unnecessary. I can hear it when my spouse leaves for work and every time the base station “talks” my dog goes nuts. In order to silence it, all other sensor tones for doors etc. will be muted which is pointless. Why can’t y’all just remove the voice alerts to change modes silently? It should be a simple fix and it’s been brought up for years and nothings been done about it. Just get rid of all voice alerts altogether.

2 Likes