Video Doorbell Pro and CS

Okay.

I have called, had online chats and tweeted you re the fact that since I bought my Video Doorbell Pro that I purchased on the 13th Sept 2020 via Amazon and today 21st Oct 2020 ( I did not get around to putting this up for about a week after delivery) so about exactly a month now. I can honestly say that this piece of door architrave furniture has worked for only about 5 days in all.

1. It constantly tells me it has no internet connection which is strange as I bought a range extender for my fibre broadband router to ensure there were no issues and it is fibre broadband, it is no more than 8 meters from the router anyway without the range extender.

2. It constantly tells me it has poor voltage, which considering it is plugged into the mains 24hrs a day is a tad surprising esp. as I am using your plugin transformer.

3. When it has worked the images are not the image quality you see in the lovely fun images shown in the commercials. Think of some grainy pixellated CCTV image you see on some Crimewatch programme at best.

As for the Stick-Up Cam and Solar Panel purchased on the 7th October and put up outside on the 11th October.

This has had to be reset almost every other day and when it works it is very blocky and patchy at best. I have also noticed that even though the panel is on a south-facing wall with no obstructions it does not even provide a trickle charge.

On speaking to CS Re the Video Doorbell Pro I was told that they would send out another one and it would take about 10 days. I was then told I had to return the old one and find my nearest DPD Depot for my Sins.

1. What has happened top CS? Why do you not send out next day delivery or next working day delivery surely that is not beyond the realms of possibility for a company of your standing?

2. Why do I need to go to the depot why not provide a collection service or allow us to download a postal slip and take to the post office rather than having to travel miles to return it, what if I did not have a car?

I just want an email address to ensure that it is being dealt with and have some contact.

I am seriously looking at sending this all back to Amazon and asking for my money back and going with another company.

Hi @JonLeda. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. While this is not the experience we want our neighbors to have, we do not offer troubleshooting support via chat or email currently. If you haven’t already, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look into this further for you and take a look at your device and account to help with any concerns or follow ups. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you for your reply Caitlyn,

I have already contacted them and I have to say the reason for wanting an email address was as I believe I mentioned to have a clear “paper” trail. I appreciate the advice and troubleshooting via email would be a bit odd and rather frustrating on both sides.

I am new to Ring and I jumped in and purchased 4 items and 75% of them failed. Not a good look I am sure you will agree. Why take 10 days to send out a new Video Doorbell Pro? I have since spoken with Amazon (Who own Ring) even being over the 30-day limit they have agreed to return a new unit to me next day, I am at a loss as to why the manufacturer is unable to do the same.

Sadly my experience has not been a good one so far.

Regards

John