RSS-56

Ok so I’ve been having issues with my new doorbell. Wouldn’t connect to live view and therefore couldn’t view whoever was ringing the doorbell. Was advised by support to get a wifi extender. I moved my router which is an ASUS router and not cheap. The router is 5 feet away from
The doorbell and I’m still only getting RSS-56? There is literally just the door between the router and the doorbell. Surely this can’t be right can it???

Hi @Raddad. Since you have just moved your router closer, you can try resetting the Doorbell and taking it through a new setup to refresh its connection with the Ring App and your wifi connection. You can reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that, follow the steps under Set Up a Device to set it back up in the Ring App. If the Live View concerns persist, I would also suggest reviewing our Community Post on common causes for Live View not working.

Another solution you can try is to download the Rapid Ring App, which is a lightweight companion to the Ring App. It’s designed to allow you to answer notifications and access Live View more quickly than the Ring App. If that doesn’t work for you, it would be best for you to reach out to our support team directly so they can look into this more closely. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: