Not recognising rings

Ring Doorbell (-2 I think) has recently not responded to some rings - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, can’t identify any reason. Battery is good, WiFi is good. We have videos of postmen and delivery/collection drivers pressing the bell but nothing happens - just Motion Detected. Very frustrating to miss these.

This has only started happening over the last couple of months - so maybe a soft-/firm-ware upgrade.

Any thoughts??

If this continues, we’ll have to find an alternative…

1 Like

Hi @TW82. To clarify, the Doorbell is not always responding to when the button is pressed? In that case, I’d suggest performing a reset and a new setup of the Doorbell to make sure it’s working properly. To reset the Doorbell, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s complete, you can walk through a fresh setup of the Doorbell in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if that does the trick for you! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem.

Tried complete reset after talking to Support.
They also checked all settings and viewed a couple of the missed rings.
Still had missed rings since then - including today.
Might have to resort to old-fashioned door bell if this continues to be unreliable.

The same for me, brand new Doorbell 3, professional Ubiquiti Unifi infrastructure with server cabinet, 20 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure field. Doorbell button pressed, nothing happened on any device, doorbell is showing 100% connected for the last few hours in the controller’s logs, it’s like it’s going to sleep and then having problem with waking up, that how it looks like, because it’s not a Wi-Fi issue, the AP is 3 meters away, rock solid Unifi Access Point, doorbell is showing green RSSI 40 connection, 100% Wi-Fi experience in Unifi Controller.

Something is going on with the device itself and Ring apparently doesn’t have ANY idea what this is, so they are recommending (even give away!) their ‘Chime Pro’ which is nothing else but poor Wi-Fi repeater and in most cases is making the Wi-Fi even WORSE.

There is a genuine issue with the devices, thousands of users are reporting the issues not only here but on Reddit and other forums. It’s not a coincidence.

Follow-up after some experiments, restarted device two times in-between. Works most of the time but after some time of inactivity (haven’t found how long yet but it looks like it’s rather hours than minutes):

• Sometimes - Doorbell makes no sound or only some short sounds rather than a normal doorbell sound

• Sometimes - There are or there are not any doorbell notifications in the Rapid Ring app/Echo Flex device or they are delayed

• Always - There are no doorbell notifications on Echo Show 5

• Always - There are motion notifications on Echo Flex and Show 5 but there are no Live View

Can we have a serious reply from someone who is NOT 1st line support (no offence guys but we’ve got enough of generic replies)???

Hey neighbors! If my previous suggestion did not resolve your concern with your Doorbell, it would be best for you to contact our support team directly. Since this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum, it is not a direct line to support and we cannot provide in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Contact with support team? After all, they won’t help. The only solution they have is a replacement for a new doorbell which is just as defective as the previous model. Team Ring - wake up! You guys have problems. Untie him. We pay a lot of money for the doorbell and subscription.

I’ve checked back through the videos of missed rings.
There’s a new feature in the app “People Only Mode”.

It may be that tall people are missed. They walk straight up to the door and press the bell - their head is not in the video. The videos are just “Motion Detected”.
Shorter people seem to be OK - Ring always works for one regular shorter delivery driver.

Just a thought.
I’ve turned this off now and will see if this makes any difference.

Exactly the same issue with my Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus and Chime Pro.

Motion and humans detected fine, notifications go to phones and PCs as they should.

When you press the doorbell, it makes a noise indicating it’s been pressed, but no devices are notified, not even the Chime Pro.

Both devices show as online and with good WiFi signal in the app, and are set to notify when the doorbell is pressed. Used to work fine, haven’t changed anything. Can’t be anything network related because the motion detection and human detection notifications work fine.

Re: Not recognising rings