Installing a Ring Doorbell 3 in place of a Ring Doorbell 1

Hi, hope you can help. Looking to replace a Doorbell 1 (hard wired) with a Doorbell 3 Plus and I wondered if any additional accessories are required for the physical installation, or if the new unit will just slide right in?

Thank you!

@Wilberforce wrote:

Hi, hope you can help. Looking to replace a Doorbell 1 (hard wired) with a Doorbell 3 Plus and I wondered if any additional accessories are required for the physical installation, or if the new unit will just slide right in?

Thank you!

Hello @Wilberforce ,

If by _“the new unit will just slide right in?” _you mean the new Doorbell 3 will slide into the old bracket of a previous model, then No . . . model Doorbell’s mounting bracket is slightly different (or mount slightly differently, so previous holes might be slightly off) so you will have to also use the bracket that comes with some models of the new doorbell.

There are plenty of helpful instruction tips (pictures & videos) available online at Ring Support/help pages too:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038902531-How-to-Physically-Install-Your-Ring-Video-Doorbell-3-with-an-Existing-Doorbell

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like