Doorbell 2 not staying charged

I’ve had my doorbell 2 for almost 2 years now, and it always stayed charged bc I have it hardwired… however, I’ve had to unhook it twice now and charge it because I got alerts saying it was below 10% and it’s not trickle charging anymore like it’s supposed to. I verified I still had voltage at the doorbell. Is this a common issue? How can I fix it? Do I need a new battery?

Hi @Kinard91. I would suggest resetting your Doorbell and reconnecting it to wifi. You can do this by pressing and holding the Setup Button for 20 seconds, then releasing. The Doorbell will go through a 1 minute cycle, then you can reconnect it to wifi. Then Doorbell will go through a quick update and you should start to notice the battery reporting as it should. I hope this information helps!

Have you ever found a solution, I am having the same issue.

Hi there, @dabunkster. Often times, when a battery is draining quickly, it is due to too many events, cold weather, or usage. Check out our Community post about battery drain for tips on optimising this charge. If you’ve checked these steps and are still experiencing these concerns, our support team will be happy to take a closer look. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. :slight_smile: