Cannot connect to wifi (BT Whole Home)

Hi - I have just purchased a RING Video (2nd Gen), and cannot connect to my WiFi system at all. I’m no IT expert, but have checked router settings to ensure 2.4GHz is set, and have also altered channels to 1, 6 and 11 respectively.

Setup of Ring device just fails continually.

I have placed the Ring device next to the router, good signal strength etc… but no joy.

Can anyone offer any help at all please ?

1 Like

You’ve certainly covered all the right bases for this to work, @ackleyir. If possible, try enabling a standard 2.4 Ghz guest network with a standard SSID/ PW and encryption option. When completing a setup in the Ring app, there is an option to “add a hidden network” on the last step of connecting to your home wifi network. Choosing this option will allow you to manually enter your network information in the Ring app.

If this does not resolve the connection concern, check out our help centre article about ports and protocols for more advanced network troubleshooting. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply - appreciated.

I’ve attempted to follow your advice re: the hidden network, and unfortunately, this has not resoloved the issue. As for the article regarding ports and protocols etc… I’m not really qualified to do this I’m afraid.

Could you suggest any other option ?

1 Like

No worries, @ackleyir. Our support team is always happy to assist further, especially for an advanced network concern. Before reaching out, perhaps try completing this setup using a different mobile device entirely. Although it sounds network related, it could also be the Ring app/ mobile device environment.

If that did not result in successful setup, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what you find! :slight_smile:

I’ve managed to resolve the issue.
As I have multiple networks in the home, the ring device/phone was conflicted with them, even though I only selected the main SSID. I simply told my phone to forget the other networks, leaving just the main networks, leaving just the main one. This resolved the issue immediately.

Thanks for your support, and I hope this helps.others through your knowledge base/community.

1 Like

When in the setup mode, I receive the message I have entered the wrong WiFi password. I didn’t enter the wrong password because I never received the prompt to enter one! How do I get the app to prompt me to enter the WiFi password to complete the setup?