Battery drain - people only

I believe you have a bug in doorbell 3 firmware. It’s either through setting a custom zone or more likely people only mode. I had both on at the time. I probably draining about 8 to 10% a day battery. I’m back without those on and using 1 to 2% a day.
I wouldn’t say I was receiving that many more or less notifications either, so it must be constantly processing.

I would add that people only is very poor and doesnt really work as advertised. You would be better removing that and putting back motion verification instead.

Hi there, @DonaldDuck. This definitely should not be happening. When using People Only Mode on a battery powered Video Doorbell, all motions are still captured while notifications are reduced to people only. As you stated, this means the number of events remain the same when turning off people only mode, and a difference in battery should not be caused by this.

Additionally, the updated motion detection feature that gives you the ability to create customizable motion zones has the Motion Verification feature include into it. So you now have Motion Verification with Customizable Motion zones. These features were combined to give you a more precise motion detection experience on your battery devices, thus you will no longer see Motion Verification as a separate feature in your app.

If this concern persists despite adjusting motion settings in your Ring app, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

I have the same problem