My Alexa system is announcing my sons Ring video doorbell motion/call button activities.

Hi,

I have two Ring Video Doorbells one at my own home and one at my disabled sons home some 48 kilometres away from mine. Both Ring Video Doorbells are the version 1 type and both homes are Alexa smart homes. I have connected each of our Ring Video Doorbells to the Alexa systems in each home so when anyone approaches or pushes the call button on the Ring Video Doorbell we receive notification via the Alexa call systems, I monitor my sons Ring Video Doorbell so I receive his notification of both motion and call button via the Ring app on my iPhone 6s as well as my Apple MacBook Pro.

Now for the annoying problem, last Sunday evening I started receiving through my Alexa smart home system of ALL MY SONS Ring Video Doorbell “MOTION & CALL BUTTON being pushed” as well as I receive my own notification of all my own Ring Video Doorbells motion and call button being pushed through my own Alexa smart home system. It is quite annoying as I have career’s coming and going all through the day and into the night through to the morning. I need to be able to stop this happening please as it is waking both myself, my wife and our young 1 month old grandson who we are looking after. I just need the steps that I need to follow to be able to just receive notification of when someone pushes “MY SONS RING CALL BUTTON” and “NOT” any of his movement notifications. As I have stated it has just started to happen, I have not changed anything on my sons iPhone Ring app nor his Alexa app and I have not changed anything on my iPhone Ring app nor my own Alexa app for this to happen.

My son who lives by himself is severely intellectually disabled and he does not know how to change anything on either the Ring and Alexa apps for this to happening.

Regards

Hi @dickyknees. First and foremost, thank you for going into detail on what you’re experiencing and what changed for you. In a situation like this, it’s important that you’re receiving the correct notifications and announcements via Alexa so you can easily keep track of what’s going on at each household. It sounds like you may just need to toggle off the Doorbell Press and Motion announcements for your son’s Doorbell in your Alexa App. In the Alexa App, follow the steps below.

• Tap the Devices tab at the lower right-hand section of your screen.
  • Tap All Devices.
  • Tap your son’s Doorbell from the list.
  • Turn off the **Doorbell Press ** and the **Motion ** toggle.

This should allow you to toggle off the announcements for your son’s Doorbell while keeping the announcements for your Doorbell on. You can find these steps, along with more information on Doorbell announcements via Alexa in our Help Center Article here. We have also compiled a collection of all of our resources regarding Ring and Alexa here, which may be helpful to bookmark for future reference.

Hopefully the steps I suggested do the trick for you, but if this concern persists, I would recommend that you reach out to our support team directly for further assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and walk through everything with you step-by-step to ensure that you’re only receiving announcements for your Doorbell. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: