Doorbell volume super loud when connected to Alexa

Hi all,

I’ve recently just bought a Ring doorbell, and an Alexa Echo Show 5.

I’ve found that when my Ring doorbell is connected to my Alexa, the external doorbell sound is incredibly loud! I have tried lowering the volume via the device setting on the Ring app but it doesn’t control it. However, when I disable the Alexa from the Ring doorbell, the volume does lower down to that of what I set it to in the device settings.

Has anybody else had this issue? Obviously I want my Ring doorbell connected with my Alexa but the loudness of the chime on the outside of my house is just far too much!

Thanks

Hi @rivqahemma. This is definitely out of the ordinary. Would you be able to take a short video so I can share this with my team? This will give them a better understanding of whats happening and hopefully be able to provide a solution. When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. Thank you.

This is at least the third separate discussion about this problem in this community, with a number of people, including me, reporting this issue. In my case and others it happens with the Ring 2, but not other Ring models. So apparently it is not unusual at all. A fix would be nice.

Hi neighbors! Our team was able to identify the root cause of this and we have a fix rolling out soon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we appreciate your patience!

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’ve an issue with my doorbell and I wonder if you experience the same.

I have my doorbell connected to 3 Echos Shows in various sizes. Even when I turn my chime to complete silence in the ring app, the 2nd or 3rd chime is SUPER loud. It just happens when it’s connected with Alexa, otherwise, it’s completely silent.

It’s so loud, that it’s causing troubles with my neighbors and I can understand them…if someone rings my doorbell late, my whole building will be awake…and that’s a no-go!

Anyone facing the same problem? Is there a fix announced by ring? After doing some research it looks as if this problem is around for least 1 year already?

Best
Paul

Hi @pkcorp. As perviously stated, this has been recognized and a solution is in the works.

If you have any questions in the mean time, feel free to post them in the Community. I hope this helps!

Has this fix been implemented? I have asked this question several times in discussions related to this topic and have received no reply

You don’t seem to want to answer this question: Has the fix been implemented?