Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa announcing doorbell twice

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Alexa announcing doorbell twice

How do I stop Alexa announcing doorbell twice?  Only used to announce once now, in the last month or so it annouces twice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Alexa announcing doorbell twice

Hi @DRiley. Would you happen to have a routine setup via the Alexa app? Or are you just using the Motion Announcements option in the settings for the device? This Community post here describes a similar issue and it looks like it was remedied by utilizing a routine. Additionally, try to disable the Ring skill in the Alexa app and then enable it. Then try the motion announcements. Let me know if this works!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Alexa announcing doorbell twice

Hi @DRiley. Would you happen to have a routine setup via the Alexa app? Or are you just using the Motion Announcements option in the settings for the device? This Community post here describes a similar issue and it looks like it was remedied by utilizing a routine. Additionally, try to disable the Ring skill in the Alexa app and then enable it. Then try the motion announcements. Let me know if this works!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post