solar panel not charging width my stick up cam -- here is what I did

i have purchased the solar panel and the stick up camera and the battery is not charging. Now i look on the box and it says only for spotlight cam camera-- When I ordered from Amazon they suggested i get these 2 toghether. Why is the battery not charging.

On the back of the camera is 3 holes the top takes the cord for the solar camera. Is this not the right connection? I had completely charged the battery and in 24 hours it shows it is dead. The solar panel gets sun light.

Help please Thank you

Hey there, @lwalker11! Our Solar Panel accessory connects to both the Spotlight Cam and the Stickup Cam, as described on the Solar Panel page. For instructions on installing this Solar Panel with your Stickup Cam, check out our help center article, which also contains visual examples. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

thanks for your reply but stil having problems’

When I recharged battery and hooked up solar panel according to instructions -It tells me I have “power source” and 100 %)

This morning I get this text : Front is no longer wired Do you want to change its power mode?

The battery in this device is critically low.

I took Battery out and am recharging it. It said the battery was a 43% and still after 4 hours the battery is not fully charged. Is my solar panel defective?

Thank you for this update, @lwalker11! It looks like the Solar Panel is not providing the intended charge or being recognized in connection. After charging your battery fully, please check the Solar Panel connection is secure and that there is no obstruction or debris where the connections occur. Please also ensure the Solar Panel is getting several hours of direct sunlight per day, in order to start seeing the charge applied. Keep in mind, the battery drain factors described in our Community post are also relevant in how effective the Solar Panel will be.

If this concern persists, after checking the above variables, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.