Ring app scan new device not working

very frustrating…scanning the qr code and app does not recognized it…the bar code is a SN not a Mac ID so wont scan that either. now what…i just purchased 2nd gen range extender and cannot seup new device

Hey @joseph8621. If you are unable to set up the Range Extender by scanning the QR code on the back of the Range Extender, please see if using another phone to scan the code helps out! In the event you may not have another device you can download the Ring app on and give this a try, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same problem with the ring video doorbell 2 and chime it will not scan either code it says the MAC address code is not a MAc ID and it ignores the other code. Choosing setup without the code wants me to find the ring wifi but that doesn’t work either and then it breaks my existing wifi and i have to reboot my phone very ■■■■■■

Hi @Sondramenthers. Try scanning the QR code that came on a piece of paper that was included in the box. If that doesn’t work, try using a piece of tape to cover any other barcodes so the camera is sure to pick up the correct barcode.

When you choose Set Up Without Scanning, your phone will temporarily connect to the Ring wifi network and then reconnect to your home wifi. Make sure that in your phone settings, you have the Smart Network Switch/Wifi Assist turned off during setup. I hope this helps.

1 Like