locks

can any of the locks that work with ring be rekeyed

Hey @buzzardbait24, thanks for reaching out! Can you be more specific on what you mean by rekeyed? For a full list of locks we sell, you can visit it on our Accessory page.

some locks can be rekeyed so that one key fits all locks

Hey @buzzardbait24, at this time, if you buy the smartlock that works with the Ring system, it will come with its own key that will unlock/lock it.

i understand that…

but can it be rekeyed to use the key i use on my other locks

Hi @buzzardbait24! Thanks for getting back to me. I did some more research and it looks like the Kwikset SmartCode 888 Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt can be rekeyed to use the key you use on your other locks. I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer for whichever lock you are interested in and they can help explain this rekeying process that you’re interested in!

Been researching similar questions myself. What I’m finding is that almost all modern/recent Kiwkset locks are able to be rekeyed yourself (I’ve done it once, super easy if you can follow instructions), it’s a feature that is common in Kwikset locks (smart or otherwise).

However, the one I was looking at adding to my ring system most recently was a Yale model, which doesn’t provide that feature. I call a local “lock & key” shop and asked them if I brought them an uninstalled smartlock from Yale, could they rekey it to match my current house key, and he said “sure, no problem”. So while I haven’t done it yet myself, it seems like it’s likely something that can be done pretty easily at a shop like this or through a traditional locksmith. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like