Would a “Ring Ring Chine Pro WiFi Extender” mean I don’t need a “Ring Alarm Range Extender”?

Would a “Ring Ring Chine Pro WiFi Extender” mean I don’t need a “Ring Alarm Range Extender”?

I only have one socket and need extra cover for my Garden Stick Up Cam and my Alarm extender doesn’t extend WiFi to Stick Up Cam.

Hi @craigarmitage72. The Ring Alarm Range Extender communicates the Base Station through the Z-Wave network that the Base creates, and therefore is only extending the Z-Wave network. If you are looking to get a wifi extender for your camera, you will need to get the Ring Chime Pro or any other wifi extender out there! :slight_smile:

Thank you - I haven’t tried it yet but I am going to remove my Alarm Range extender as I don’t think I need it - if I remove device I will check the door contact sensor is still found by the base station, this was my main worry that I lose connection and get a false (or no) alarm - then I can safely find a WiFi extender. Thank you.

1 Like

Chelsea, I am installing a new Ring Alarm system. I already had a Ring Doorbell, two indoor Cameras, two Chimes and a Chime Pro extender. I am glad that I read your answer here, because I was not aware of the Z-Wave network. Does this mean that the only connection to my Wi-Fi network router would be the Base Station? If so, can I use the Ethernet cable and connect directly to the port on the back of my router?

1 Like

Glad this helped you, @GilFranklin! You are correct in stating the Alarm Base Statin would connect to your network, while you other Alarm devices communicate via Zwave. You can indeed connect the Alarm Base Station via ethernet connection. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just went through this, I purchased 3 wifi extender and didn’t work. I ended up buying 3 chime pros working awesome. Now what do I use the 3 extra wifi extenders for?