Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

Wifi extender

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Wifi extender

Can I use a 3rd party wifi extender other than the Ring Chime Pro? Not interested in the chime, just want to boost the wifi.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Wifi extender

Glad you asked @Hondo! You are certainly welcome to use any wifi extender that supports the standard wifi connection needed for our devices to operate. Keep in mind that a non-Ring extender may invite a multitude of your in home devices to extend signal to, while the Chime Pro dedicates signal to our devices only. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Wifi extender

Glad you asked @Hondo! You are certainly welcome to use any wifi extender that supports the standard wifi connection needed for our devices to operate. Keep in mind that a non-Ring extender may invite a multitude of your in home devices to extend signal to, while the Chime Pro dedicates signal to our devices only. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post