Unable to set up new Ring Chime Pro

I just got a new Chime Pro and I can’t get it setup. Every time I reach the step where it is supposed to join the “Ring” Wi-Fi network, it fails and says something went wrong. I’ve tried manually connecting my phone to that Ring network and it doesn’t work either. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi @BigGreen23. Try uninstalling the RIng App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App before attempting the setup again. Additionally, you can also try the setup on a different phone or tablet. If neither of those suggestions help you get your Chime Pro up and running, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at this for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Caitlyn_Ring! I tried removing the app, restarting my iPhone and reinstalling and experienced the same behavior as before. Then I tried the setup on my iPad. It wasn’t picking up the scan for the bar code so I did the setup manually and everything worked. My Chime Pro is now part of my network. Awesome!

1 Like

Hi My chime pro 2 doesnt go past the initial green light flashing and doesnt connect up to my phone , I have an android, what can I do. as its frustrating.

Hi @user1620. You may need to turn of your network smart switch in your Androids phone settings. Additionally, be sure to turn off bluetooth and move to an area where the is minimal electrical interference from other devices. If this doesn’t allow you to connect, you’ll need to reach out to our support team.