cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar panels will not keep batteries charged on any of my spotlight cams after update!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Solar panels will not keep batteries charged on any of my spotlight cams after update!

Issues with the newest app update... Solar panels have ALL stopped keeping the batteries charged... simultaneously!!!!!!

I've had the solar panels on all my spotlight cams for over 6 months without issue.   After the most recent update on the app, I noticed a "solar panel status" notice under the battery level area in the device health section of the app... And it says to "add a Ring solar panel to extend battery life".... I HAVE RING SOLAR PANELS ON ALL OF THEM...  And now, all of a sudden, the solar panels are not keeping ANY of my batteries charged.... Coincidence????  I don't think so... I think the newest update caused issues...  It needs to be fixed ASAP!!!! I had no issues before this most recent update... now, nothing but issues!

Panels have all been checked/cleaned (first thing that was done).... cables have all been checked and rechecked (disconnected and reconnected),,, We are in sunny Southwest Florida with no trees near the panels,,, panels on roof of house facing the sky without any shaddow coverage except for the occasional cloud which we haven't gotten much of lately as this is not rainy season (solar panels worked perfectly all through rainy season btw) ....  This only started happening after the most recent update to the app... Prior to the update, everything was working great!  I wish Ring would just go back to the previous version of the app....  Worked much better.  There is no other reason that ALL 4 of my solar panels would just suddenly stop keeping all 4 of my spotlight cam batteries charged...  Simultaneously...  The issue is definitely the newest app update... 
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Solar panels will not keep batteries charged on any of my spotlight cams after update!

Same situation with mine