Solar panel won’t stay plugged in

I ordered solar panels last summer/fall. Throughout winter it never charged the batteries. We now have been able to check them and notice they do not stay plugged in. When plugged in I see a status on the app and working. Once again they no longer are plugged in. Why was I sent the panels that do not have the plug that can be screwed in to the camera?

Hey @Mpagan8489. When you observe the plug at where it is not staying in, is it falling out because it feels loose? It’s possible the connection may be loose when plugging it back in, which over time it will come unplugged. In addition, if you have adverse and windy weather, they could be affecting it as well, but I have never heard of this kind of concern before. After ensuring you have pushed the plug in fully, if it still feels loose, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have the similar issue. I have to check the connection every week to make sure the connector stay in place. Ring manufacturer should come up with a better design. I am going to tape down the connector on the camera.