Solar charger status

Soooo, I purchased the Solar Charger for my Ring Video Doorbell V1, which is mounted in an area that does not have electricity to charge the device.

Upon mounting the solar charger I noticed it did nothing to charge the doorbell cam. If anything it was draining the battery faster. I contacted Ring and they “determined” my Ring Doorbell was the problem. They sent me a replacement Doorbell.

Upon installing the new doorbell, it still did not recognize the solar charger. After sever attempts and several days, I contacted Ring and wIted on hold for almost an hour. This time they suggested it was a faulty solar charger and would send me a replacement.

In about a week I received the replacement, but it was for the wrong model doorbell. I called Ring again, after the non-apology they assured me they would send me the correct solar charger for my Doorbell. Meanwhile I sent the wrong one back to them.

After several weeks the new solar charger never arrived. Once again I called Ring and was on hold for ever. The rude as heck woman told me the charger was “in transit”. I asked her when it was scheduled to arrive, and all she would say was that it was in transit. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said there were no supervisors for me to speak with. I became increasingly frustrated and kept demanding to speak to somebody who would help me. She finally transferred me to a very nice man who discovered it appeared to be lost in transit. He sent a new one out to me.

Approximately a week later I received the “new” replacement solar chargers and the Ring Doorbell still does not recognize the Solar Charger is attached. I did a factory reset of the doorbell, deleted and reinstalled the Ring app, and nothing works. So whatever the “glitch” that existed, is still not fixed. I am extremely frustrated as I have dedicated more time to this process than Amazon has dedicated to Ring! As the owner of multiple Ring Camers and Alarms System, I am fed up!