Solar charger not working

Solar charger for Ring doirbell appear to be not working. Installed 28/4 and now out of Battery - faster empty than without solar charger. What is reason?

1 Like

Hey @Clausols. When you go into the Device Health section of your Doorbell, does it show that it is charging, or connected to a solar panel? You will see that the power source says Solar or even Hardwired if so. If you do not see this, then the device is not registering the solar panel connected to it, and thus not getting any trickle charge from the panel. You can also give our support team a call here, so they can troubleshoot this with you to help resolve this quickly for you. :slight_smile:

I purchased my ring doorbell and the solar charger was not in stock. So I installed the doorbell alone. Once the solar charger arrived my battery was down to about 20%. I installed the solar charger and after less than a day my battery was at 4%. This is depleting much faster than before the solar panel and the app doesn’t even show that I have a solar panel installed.

I’m having the same issue as Clausols. Under devise health it says Battery. Not solar panel. How do you connect with the support team?

I used a friends solar charger and my ring device said that it was hardwired. Therefore, the solar charger sent to me must be defective. They make you wait because they are not in stock, them send defective devices?

Hey neighbors! To be in touch with our support team to troubleshoot your device further and get the possible replacement you may need, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.