Solar Sign stopped working after 1 monthc

Any ideas why my Solar Sign stopped working after 1 month? It worked great for the first month and just died after that. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @YouCanRingMyBell! The Solar Sign should definitely work for much longer. Please ensure there is no debris over the solar panel and that it is receiving several hours of direct sunlight per day. Please also check the button on the back, as there may be an on off switch for the sign. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The battery life in those Solar Signs is ridiculously LOW ! ! !

The “several” hours of sunshine recommended by Ring should instead say “12 Hours or more”.

You can increase the useful life of the battery by charging it up to 100% of its capacity BEFORE you use the sign at all.

But, once the battery is dead - it is too late to do that.

ONLY choice is to replace the battery & start over.

But those batteries are NOT cheap.

Constantly having to replace the battery makes the cost of operating the Solar Sign UNREASONABLE.

I now wish I had never bought the 1 I have.

I quit buying batteries for mine & now use it as an UNlit sign.

A VERY EXPENSIVE unlit sign ! ! !

1 Like

My solar sign worked for about 8 months but then stoped lighting up. Is there a way to replace the batteries??

My solar power sign worked for few months and no longer functions. I’ve called ring 4 times. First call ended without a resolution because I was not at home to tell them the serial number of the solar powered sign. On the 2nd call, after me having furnished the serial number and trouble shooting, they confirmed a replacement will be shipped. They sent me a confirmation email that regular sign (non-solar powered) will be sent. Third call, I’ve told them they’re sending me the wrong sign. They told me they will fix it and send me the right sign (solar powered). Today I’ve received the non-solar powered sign (security yard sign). Fourth call was to tell them they shipped me the wrong sign again… They’re asking me for the serial number of the sign that I’ve received. Nowhere on the box or the sign displays a serial number. Now, they’re asking me for a MAC address of the sign!!! are you kidding me!!! Do you even understand or know your products!!! What makes you think that these plastic signs have a MAC address!!! They requested a photo of the box to prove that it doesn’t show a serial number (which I’ve provided). I’ve finally had enough wasting my time talking to these customer service reps that clearly do not know the products they’re selling. I’ve requested to be connected to a manager because I’m not willing to waste my time anymore dealing with CSRs that clearly don’t understand their products. I really don’t understand what the difficulty is… I’ve provided all necessary information for my defective product. You determined a replacement was necessary and yet why am I wasting hours of my life going back and fourth with no end in sight.

The Solar Sign should work for much longer than this, as I’ve had mine in my yard for a couple years. Please ensure there is no damage to the sign and that the solar portion is cleaned from debris. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Mine has never worked since day one. Sign gets hours of sunlight in the morning.

Hi neighbors. If your Solar Security Sign is not lighting up, please make sure to check the following:

• Check the back of the sign to verify that the switch is in the on position and not the off position.
  • Clean your Solar Sign of any dirt or debris, as this could prevent the solar panel part of the sign from working.
  • Ensure the sign is receiving several hours of direct sunlight per day. Depending on the time of the year, you may need to move the sign from one area of your yard to another to be sure it’s receiving adequate sunlight.

If these suggestions don’t help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Oh my! I am wondering if who answered your question/complaint even read your message? That is what annoys me. I can read someone’s post and determine if I would tell them “to remember to check that your SOLAR light is getting sun” vs the messages like yours that clearly you can tell you have checked all of the obvious reasons it could have stopped working.

I came on here to see if anyone had any resolutions on how to fix my $50 solar light that should last well forever if I am charging the batteries once in a while and yes making sure it has sun during the day but instead my $50 solar light no longer lights up so I should have went with the free plastic one i could have ordered. I don’t have the time no….I don’t have the patience to call multiple times with an experience like you had. I am hoping someone responds here with a resolution because I am listing the obvious below and I swear if someone responds about the stupid obvious reasons I’m going to throw the $50 useless sign. So please read below carefully before copying/pasting the standard non-helpful response.

I have checked:
1.) That the solar lights gets full sun for at minimum 12 long hot Phoenix hours.

2.) I have brought the sign in, removed the chargeable batteries and charged them.

3.) While the batteries were charging I cleaned the solar panels, I cleaned the battery holder, and I cleaned the outside well just because.

4.) the sign then was turned back on, and placed back out in the 119 degree full sun for minimum of 12 hours.

And guess what? Like all the others above me….the solar light stopped working after maybe 6 months. This is annoying and even more annoying is that obviously there is an issue with the solar signs so instead of making it difficult for consumers to get what they have paid for or acting like we are the dumb ones, how about the CSR’s approach it like “I am so sorry the light has failed you. Let me get a replacement solar light out to you. We apologize for this as we stand by our products”.

At least for me….that resolution would buy a customer for life. I would rather go through receiving products that fail from time to time as long as the approach to redeem the product was easy. If you don’t make it easy to do business with, eventually people will find someone that does make it easy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.