Solar Panel for Old Ring Stick up Camera

Hi there-

Any recommendations for an alternative solar panel for the old stick up cam?

I have the old version of the stick up camera that still works perfectly and I’m trying to add the solar panel. Unfortunately I see the ring solar panel doesn’t come with a micro USB connector that could fit my camera.

Anyone from @support? I haven’t been able to get an answer from our chats with ring staff

Hey @Carlos16. This is a neighbor to neighbor forum rather than a direct line to support, but I’m happy to point you in the right direction. Our current Solar Panels have a barrel connector rather than a micro USB like previous generations. In this case, I’d recommend giving our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and explore all available options with you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

Thank you so much for your response,
calling them now.

1 Like

Hi, I was on the phone with the agent, She had the camera model we have, I sent her a picture of the connector and she sent me a link of the panel I was supposed to buy. We exchanged a few emails.

I get the panel and it is not the connection… it’s different port… I replied to her last email sent a picture and explained to her and I haven’t heard back from her in a week. Is there a general email fro support where I can reach out? Loggin into the page, dealing with the automated machine and waiting for someone on the phone always takes forever.

@Carlos16 Our general email support is currently unavailable as we’ve taken additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. I checked with the appropriate team on this and the Solar Panel with the micro USB plug for the original Stick Up Cam is no longer available. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused, but I’d recommend giving our support team a call to request a refund for the Solar Panel you purchased as it is not compatible with your Stick Up Cam. You can reach our support team at one of the numbers availablehere. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

I have been waiting over a month and finally received my solar panel. Unfortunately after mounting it I found that my ring 2 doesn’t have a place to plug the solar panel in. I hope they will either exchange it or modify mine if I send it to them. Obviously they added the socket to later models. My inot is only 6 months old.

@Gangster There is a Solar Charger for the Doorbell 2 specifically, which you can find listed here. If you have a Solar Panel instead of the Solar Charger, you’ll want to contact support to get the correct one. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Maybe I didn’t explain it properly. I just purchased from Ring the solar charger for the ring 2 but my ring 2 does not have the place to plug it in.

Hi @Gangster. Stepping in for Caitlyn here. This Help Center article covers how to properly install your Solar Charger on your Ring Video Doorbell 2. If you need additional support, you can use the links Caitlyn provided to contact our support team. I hope this helps!