Solar Panel Retainer Ring

I recently purchased a solar panel for my Spotlight Cam Battery and it did not come with the retainer ring that screws into the back of the camera. I took it back to Best Buy and replaced with another new one and it didn’t have the retainer either.

Am I missing something here? Did the retainer come with the camera and I misplaced both of them? Or should they have been included with the solar panel?

Hi @ethancaine, if you’re missing a specific part, you can go toring.com/spareparts to order some more. You can always always reach out to our support team here for them to help you with any spare parts you may need!

1 Like

“Missing” is a loaded term. It didn’t come with the solar panel.

Also, your “spareparts” link doesn’t work.

@ethancaine Thanks for letting me know! I’ve gone ahead and fixed that link for you. Also, you can always reach out to our support team here in order to get any parts you do not have or need.

For anyone else with this question: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005279843-How-to-Install-Your-Spotlight-Cam-Solar-Panel

1 Like

Is there a way to get that clip? I just received mine and it doesn’t have it.

I also was not provided with the power connector retaining clip. I am having trouble with my panels losing connection. Your response did not address this item. Moreover it’s not listed under spare parts.

Hey neighbors! If you are missing a part that you need and do not find it available or listed under the Accessories page on Ring.com, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can address what you will need and ensure it gets shipped to you as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

I have purchased 4 solar panels, two from ring direct and two from Amazon. The attachment screws were not included any of the 4 boxes. Have called support and supposedly they are sending me the screws.

But I did note that Ring has modified their connector with a new weather proof barrel connector that does not need the screws.