Solar Chargers not working (Ring 1 and Ring 2)

Two different doorbells (batteries are not old), two new solar chargers, lots of sunshine, installed correctly, neither are charging. Getting ring emails/notices to charge my doorbells (and of course they recommend I get a solar charger to resolve my charging problems!!)

Chat support not available for technical issues and they send me to community support…so…

These were the solar chargers on sale direct from Ring. Was wondering if other folks are having issuing with the units that were recently on sale before I have to call in for support.

1 Like

Hey @Chesapeake. At this time, if your app is not showing the solar panel as connected under your Doorbell’s Device Health page, you will want to ensure the device is connected properly. I recommend detaching the solar panel from your Ring Video Doorbell and then attaching it back, while also ensuring that there is no dust and debris on the solar panel and at the connection.

After checking the connection, if you find that it is still not showing as connected in the Device Health section, please try resetting your Ring Video Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds. After this reset, re-establish the connection your device has in your Ring app by tapping on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network under Device Health. This will take you through another setup of the device in the Ring app. Once completed, check the Device Health again to see if the solar panel is showing as connected. If the device is showing as connected, please ensure you are getting 4 or more hours of direct sunlight to the solar panel during the day.

In the event you may not see the solar panel connected still, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I followed your directions and have replugged and reset the Ring 1, no luck in it showing the solar charger. (I tried a few times and still battery only).
That charger gets 6+ hours of sunlight.

The ring 2 battery completely ran out of charge so am now recharging inside. I also reseated/reset the ring 2 and still showed as battery only. Once battery is fully charged I will try one more time. This charger gets a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight

Note these are brand new chargers directly from ring.

@Chesapeake I appreciate you giving those steps a try and letting us know what results you got. At this point, it would be best for you to give our support team a call directly at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at this concern with the Solar Chargers not showing as connected, and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps as needed.