Schlage Encode

Buyer beware. I wish I’d checked this forum before purchasing and installing this lock. However, maybe by posting my mistake it will prompt ring to find a solution to this problem.

The Schlage encode is not fully integrated with the ring security system. It will not disarm/arm the alarm when the door is locked/unlocked. I understand that it connects directly to WiFi and not the ring base station so therefore it doesn’t have this capability. There must be something that can be done about this though (after all the base station is also connected to WiFi so you would think that it would be possible to find a work around???).

It seems strange that they would advertise this lock as being certified for the ring when it doesn’t have this capability. It is also advertised as being the only lock made for Amazon key. However, How is the delivery man supposed to open your front door and deposit the package inside the house if the lock does not disarm the alarm before this is done? You would have to leave your alarm off…which kind of defeats the purpose. Since amazon owns Ring you would think they would all work together…hmm.

3 Likes

I belatedly have hit the same problem. The Schlage Encode Smart Deadbolt is not fully compatible with Ring Alarm because, unlike the Z-Wave deadbolts Ring Alarm supports, this Wi-Fi based deadbolt will not arm or disarm Ring Alarm, making Amazon Key’s in-home delivery service painful at best. For Ring Alarm users, I don’t recommend purchasing the Schlage Encode Smart Deadbolt until Ring and Schlage fix this problem. Ironically, Ring Alarm promotes a Ring Camera / Schlage Encode Smart Deadbolt combination sale in their products list.

2 Likes

I have also hit this problem, and I’m here to add support to the request to have this integration. I tried several ways to get this to work, including a review of the mode settings after the Amazon Key integration was complete. There does not appear to be any way to get the keypad to disarm the ring alarm. Please fix this integration and let us know when this works!

Thanks!

One of best feature our older zwave model failed after 4 yrs. Picked up the encore as it seemed to be a better newer model. Things got weird during setup requiring an Amazon account authorization and link. Finally got everything added to Ring alarm system but You don’t have the ability to disarm ring alarm system with the lock anymore. Found this post while searching the internet and now wish I had found it before I purchased or I wouldn’t have bought this lock.

Confirmed 3/24 Schlade Encore is still not fully compatible with Ring Alarm System don’t buy if you need this feature