Ring doorbell solar charger

Our solar charger is not shown in device settings for the doorbell. It also stopped charging the doorbell. We charged the doorbell again to 100% and reconnected to WiFi. Still not showing or charging. 1st generation doorbell.

1 Like

Same here!!! VERY frustrating

Hey neighbors! If your app is not showing the solar panel as connected under your device’s Device Health page, you will want to ensure the device is connected properly. I recommend detaching the solar panel from your Ring device and then attaching it back, while also ensuring that there is no dust and debris on the solar panel and at the connection.

After checking the connection, if you find that it is still not showing as connected in the Device Health section, please try resetting your Ring device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds. After this reset, re-establish the connection your device has in your Ring app by tapping on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network under Device Health. This will take you through another setup of the device in the Ring app. Once completed, check the Device Health again to see if the solar panel is showing as connected.

In the event you may not see the solar panel connected still, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I attempted all the steps above. My solar charger was showing with the Ring Doorbell, 1st Gen, but stopped charging the battery. I manually charged the doorbell then all functions stopped working. People could walk right up to my door without notification but it would notify me of vehicles driving past my house 30 feet away. Tried reset, wouldn’t recognize the doorbell. I’m at my wits end over this.

@Jnbboyer wrote:

Our solar charger is not shown in device settings for the doorbell. It also stopped charging the doorbell. We charged the doorbell again to 100% and reconnected to WiFi. Still not showing or charging. 1st generation doorbell.

I just found an interesting thing with mine, if I take if off the wall, and sqeeze right above the button, with my thumb and index figer (behind the solar mount) it shows connected to solar. I am on the phone with support now

**Update**

RIng is replacing the actual doorbell, we’ll see if that works

1 Like