Ring chime pro

When I try and connect my ring chime pro it keeps saying at the end, connected to Wi-Fi but cannot connect to the Internet, I’ve tried multiple ways to try and connect but it keeps coming up the same. Anybody know what I could do?

Hey @Andrina. Do you have other Ring devices set up yet? It’s possible there may be ports and protocols on your router that are restricting the Ring device from being set up. Please check out our Help Center Article here for more information on what adjustments to make. After these have been made, please press and hold the setup button on the side for 20 seconds to reset the Chime Pro, and attempt a setup again!

I have the same problem as;

"

Andrina

‎06-14-2020 12:17 AM

Ring chime pro

When I try and connect my ring chime pro it keeps saying at the end, connected to Wi-Fi but cannot connect to the Internet, I’ve tried multiple ways to try and connect but it keeps coming up the same. Anybody know what I could do?"

I’ve read the reply and I’m lost. I need more info. I had a Rind doorbell2 installed but it would not work. I was told I needed the Chime-pro. I’ve disconnected power from the doorbell and I’m still getting the same responce when I go thru setup on the Chime-pro.

HELP

Hi @VIETVET72, stepping in for Chelsea here. If you don’t feel comfortable adjusting the ports and protocols on your router, I’d recommend reaching out to your internet service provider. They should be able to help you walk through some of these settings and ensure the appropriate ports and protocols are open so your Ring devices can connect to your wifi network successfully.

If this concern persists after those settings have been reviewed, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at what’s going on and help with more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what works for you, as your answer could help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, but I used the chat and it was determined that the device is bad and Ring is sending a replacemnt.

2 Likes

You don’t mention it but what specific ports and protocols need to be open on the router? I have set up 20 different Ring devices, 15 in service now and have not had issues with connection to the Internet until I bought 2 Chime Pros.