Ring Listener Question

Hello, I plan on getting a ring alarm system soon as well as a listener. I don’t intend to have professional monitoring to start with. My question is, without monitoring and the listener is trigger, my understanding is it will NOT contact the fire department but will still notify me via the app. Is this correct? Thanks.

Without monitoring - nothing will be sent to the first responders. Yes, you will still get notifications thru app. Regardless of monitoring - I would just replace current smoke detectors with a Z-Wave Smoke\Co detector. Then one doesn’t have to fret about proper decernment of a smoke alarm event being interperted correctly by the listner. Roughly the same price.

2 Likes

@th3awak3n1ng wrote:

Hello, I plan on getting a ring alarm system soon as well as a listener. I don’t intend to have professional monitoring to start with. My question is, without monitoring and the listener is trigger, my understanding is it will NOT contact the fire department but will still notify me via the app. Is this correct? Thanks.

Also, each “Alarm Smoke & CO Listener” would also have to be within 6 inches from the smoke alarm with the microphone pointed at it. In other words, this could be an issue if you have multiple smoke alarms, which would need multiple ‘listeners’ then too. So, I agree with @FlyboyLDB , just add The “First Alert Z-Wave Smoke\Co detector” which can be purchased from RIng or found in local stores.

1 Like