Ring Chime pro keeps chiming in the dead of the night

@Ebonyj30 wrote:
I had issues as well, No video, wifi, etc. I learned from Xfinity there was an outage. The outage was corrected yesterday and I eventually had wifi, Ring Video, etc. However, I continue to receive doorbell chimes even now, on my cell every 15-20 minutes and there’s No one at door.

Hello @Ebonyj30 ,

Yes, it seems that if your devices were affected during the time the Ring Servers were having issues, your device may still be acting strange.

First, try briefly removing power for like 30-seconds from any Ring device not acting normally (unplug it from house outlet, or remove the battery). In your case I would remove power (battery) from both your Video Doorbell & your Chime/Chime Pro. If it continues to act up, you may have to do a normal reset, by tapping the reset button (10-seconds on Chime Pro). If a normal reset doesn’t solve it, try a hard Factory Reset (push and hold the reset button for > 20-seconds) and then complete the setup instructions.

As for settings on your Ring App that aren’t working as expected (for example, “Motion Alerts” are toggled OFF and yet you are getting text-type Notifications) then toggle that setting ON and then OFF (or vice-a-versa) to ‘re-send’ your settings to the Ring servers. If your camera’s motion detection acts like it has been changed, change those App settings too and save, and then put them back to the way they were prior to 30 September.

Doing this seems to fix most of the devices or App settings that started acting strange on or after 30 September. I got lucky, and simply unplugging my Chime Pro, waiting about 30 seconds, and re-plugged it back in restored my Chime back to it’s normal functioning. Same for my App settings, by re-toggling and/or changing my settings, (hitting “Save” in case where appropriate) and then changing my settings back the way they were corrected those issues too.

I hope this remedies your issues too. :slight_smile:

1 Like