Ring Chime disconnecting from WiFi

My Chime keeps disconnecting from my WiFi every couple of days.
I’m having to turn off my router and back on again for it to reconnect.
No other device has had a problem.
Must be a faulty Chime unit.
Replacement required please.

Same problem. Have tried for months and it won’t reconnect. Where is contact info for Ring?

@CPuTMaN wrote:
My Chime keeps disconnecting from my WiFi every couple of days. I’m having to turn off my router and back on again for it to reconnect. No other device has had a problem. Must be a faulty Chime unit. Replacement required please.

There is a possibility that your Ring Chime is just barely staying connected, due to the location where you have plugged your Chime. It might just be a bit too far away from your router (or it’s has dense obstructions, that interfere with the signal, in the path between your Chime and router)?

When you check the Chime’s “Device Health” and look at the Signal Strength, do you have a high RSSI value (bad, the higher the number). Once the RSSI value approaches into the 60’s, the Chime could lose the Wi-Fi connection when other house devices draw more upon the Wi-Fi’s signal or other frequency interference weakens the Wi-Fi signal (microwave, electric motors, neighbor’s routers, etc.).

Try plugging your Chime in an outlet that’s a little closer to your router to get a lower RSSI value. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mrtyg1 wrote:
Same problem. Have tried for months and it won’t reconnect. Where is contact info for Ring?

You can call Ring Support by telephone:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

1 Like

I am having the same issue with my Chime staying connected. My last RSS is 34, so well below the 60 mark mentioned previously. The Chime is less than 10 feet from my Router and is completely out in the open with nothing blocking it. I have restarted and reconnected numerous times and it will stay online for only a couple of hours. This has been going on for months!!! Any suggestions…

1 Like

I have been having this disconnection issue for a couple of months now. It usually happens once a day. I can’t tell what causes it but I am able to reconnect it through the app. The chime is about 2feet away from my router and I’m getting an RSS of - 30, the bell is 10feet away and getting an RSS of - 60. It’s now becoming very tedious, any thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.