cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Chime Pro no power

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Chime Pro no power

Mine too was just a few months out of warranty and out of luck. Very frustrating!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Our warranty can be viewed here. I highly recommend purchasing our Ring Protect Plus plan for the extended warranty. Learn more about Ring Protect Plus, here

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yep, mine's dead too!! Funny how they fail shortly outside of warranty!!

I've done hard reset and tried different outlets, even checked the plug to make sure it wasn't loose on the housing. 

FAIL! 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue! Mine stopped working as well.  Tried different outlets and also tried bending the springs up a little thinking it's not making contact with the removeable power plug.  No luck.  It's definitely something internal.  I gave up troubleshooting it and bought a Gen 2 Chime Pro.  A little upset about having to do so. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I should update this...

Ring sent me a newer version of the Pro. Unbeknownst to me, there had been a recall of the very early model I had. I've had no issues in years with power

(Quickly seeing video instead of waiting 30-60sec is a different story, but I'm happy overall)
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Our ring chime pro stopped working less than a year and a half of using it. No power to it at all. Called customer support and they told us we will need to get a new one ourselves since it's out of warranty. So frustrating they should last longer than a year and a half!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

RING must have built in obsolecnce. My RING 1 video doorbell unit quit working and so did the wireless chime (no blue light or any indication of receiving power) - both about the same time.  Just bought a RING 3 and going to buy a new chime as well.  If I can get a year out of the new units I'll be happy because it will buy me time to install an old fashioned wired system and some other brand of camera at my door.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is a known issue by Ring chime pro but they don't want to help you its a blown capacitor easy fix but they want you to spend more money to buy their new gen 2 version not going to do it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

So what's the easy fix?