cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring 2 solar charger not charging

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring 2 solar charger not charging

Bought Ring 2 video doorbell and a spare battery. Then bought and install Ring 2 solar charger to extend battery life and reduce battery swap . Turns out the solar charger won't charge at all, my Ring 2 battery keep on depleting as usual - or even quicker. The feature in the app that should've been linked to the solar panel is also not working, so can't monitor the real performance of the solar panel.

Really dissapointed  by this product. With the price I paid I could've bought two replacement batteries instead. 

Recommend Ring to pull the product off the market until the issue resolved, to avoid more dissatisfied customers. 

R. Adriansyah
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the exactly the same problem.  Have you managed to find a solution

Highlighted
Community Manager

Can you please post a photo of how your Solar Panel is set up, neighbors? This includes a bigger pictur eof the front door so we can determing how much direct sunlight the Solar Panel receives during the day. Thanks.

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My solar charger also does not work. In full sun for most of the day but battery keeps dropping.

Going to return as "defective".

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I spoke to help desk. Make sure it’s fully pushed in and re install the camera. On 3rd occasion it started to work!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Installation is key, @Matt2 ! Would better instructions / pictures help with that? If so, we can take this feedback and deliver it to the team to see what we can do. Thanks! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Does it now show up in the app?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Are you kidding at this point?? There’s 4 full pages of people with the same complaint and you think it’s all of us? We ALL have the solar charger in a bad spot? C’mon. I’ll be returning mine ASAP. What a horrible product.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Like EVERYONE else here, my brand new solar charger doesn’t work. What an absolute scam. I wish I’d read all of these reviews before spending $100. I’ll be returning mine ASAP.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @imnotreallyscott. Since your device is not registering that the solar panel is connected and it says it's going off of battery, could you please reach out to our support team here to take a deeper look into this please? 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.